Hi there!

Hershey

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Great to join this forum, I hope you're all safe and well.

I'm applying to join the Royal Marines as a normal commando and my interview is coming up in early January. I hope I pass the medical, not sure if I will due to mental health stuff being on my record. In any case, I know I'll regret it if I don't give it a proper go while I still can. Wish me luck, but more importantly, wish me dedication & humility.

All the best,

Hershey

Curql

Reaction score
what is the order the process is in? is it interview > medical > VPJFT

Hershey

Reaction score
what is the order the process is in? is it interview > medical > VPJFT
Hey - I asked the same thing yesterday and this is a summary of the response as I understood it:

The next part of the process is filling out the eye test form (which will be conducted by Boots, online) and simultaneously to this I'll receive two copies of the medical form (one for my own records, the other to be sent off to Capita in Birmingham).

After the eye test is complete and Capita receive the form I've filled, a nurse will give me a call to conduct a phone interview. After the phone interview they'll take the info I've given and assess it against my medical records, from there I'll receive a result. If it's PMU (permanently medically unfit) or TMU (temporarily medically unfit) then I'll be given the chance to appeal. Then, if I pass the medical I'll be notified and can then get in touch with them once I'm ready to do a vPJFT. If I pass the vPJFT then it'll be onto ROP as quickly as possible.

At the same as this is going on, my security clearance will be in process.

Hope that's helpful!

All the best,

Hersh