Hi there

manonfire

Reaction score
Hi guys

First off great website. A lot of useful information.

Im 24 and been thinking about joining the marines for about a year and a half and now doing something about it. I sent my application off on Saturday the 14th. I was hoping to get in asap but never realised the waiting list was so long, its probably a good thing actually, I never realised how crap at running i was until i timed myself the other day.

I've got a few questions if anyone can give me a hand it would be much appreciated.

How can I get quicker with my runs and build stamina?

How good do you have to be at swimming to become a marine? and

How soon after you send your application off is your PJFT?

Thanks alot.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Buddy & Welcome Aboard!.

Take a look at http://www.britmilfit.com They have sessions every week and many people on here advise them, Be a good way to build your aerobic strength up!

All the best and good luck!
Sam

manonfire

Reaction score
Ideal guys thanks for that.

Hopefully will be able to get some decent training in.

J

Jason_A

Welcome mate!

You don't have to be an 'amazing' swimmer, but you've got to be able to swimm pretty good. You do a swimming test on the PRMC, but it doesn't go towards your final score (I think).

Just keep running daily, as well as building your strength. (Pressups, sit-ups, pull-ups, ect ect.)

Good luck mate!

manonfire

Reaction score
Ideal. Hopefully the swimming wont be to much of a problem because im far from a brilliant swimmer.

Think im *text deleted* have to start trying to get my runs in before work because my job is absolutely killing me this time of year.