Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Hi to all, Potential Royal Marine.

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by j0b006, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Batman

Batman Royal Marines Commando

Do they even know what the interview involves haha

• Like Like x 1
  2. j0b006

j0b006 Troll

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    To be fair, I failed my first selection interview miserably 6 months ago, I've done good and Im proud of it... Far as Im concerned from here until RT it's all just paperwork and introductions.

3. j0b006

j0b006 Troll

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I told them all about it, I think they have a good idea as far as polishing up on history, basic training knowledge general corps knowledge... But I don't think they have a clue as far as what the Royal Marines expect to see as far as commando state of mind and core values... Yet.

4. j0b006

j0b006 Troll

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Went though a practice PJFT tonight, went 2.5km in the first 1230 on incline 2, relatively easy as I've been doing hill tempo running... Then ran 2.45km in 1030 which was alot tougher than I thought.

Was well decently rested after the minute rest and felt really easy after I got going on a flat surface, but the last 800m was a squeeze. But it didn't kill me, went off and did some sit-ups, press ups and pull-ups afters.

Feeling rather happy with it :):cool::D

5. "Sandy"

"Sandy" Venerated Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    You do know the 2nd run is on incline too mate? haha you better get that run hammered then or your parents wont be too pleased ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. j0b006

j0b006 Troll

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Ah, slight miss read of the print... -banghead-, will deffo have to do more hill running!

7. "Sandy"

"Sandy" Venerated Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    We've all been there haha, just make sure you keep doing it and intervals help massively

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mr D

Mr D Venerated Contributor

sounds like Wolfie moved sarf ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Batman

Did a 2.5 mile relay earlier (4 in a team, each person does 2.5 miles) and did my run in just over 15 minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Batman

Why were the distances slightly off, It's meant to be 2.4 km for each run?

• Like Like x 3
  11. j0b006

j0b006 Troll

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    It was on a treadmill, started off slow at the beggining and changed speed a couple times. Actually ran 3km for the first 2.4 but took it off the time.
    Good going. How long you been doing that? You must run 5days a week following some *text deleted* good training...?

12. Batman

I do two good running sessions a week, an endurance run and an intervals session. The rest of the week is just whatever cardio I feel like doing, keeping it varied (usually three other sessions).

13. Banshee

Banshee Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    hello mate welcome to the site

14. j0b006

j0b006 Troll

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Do you run with a club or on your own? Where do you/ did you take part in this race?

For a while there I thought you meant 5k (in 15), then I would have been really very impressed! I know a guy who does! He has various records in the country.

15. Batman

I run with the local club. It was a relatively small race organised by another local club- I'd only done it once before a few months ago.
    Yeah there are always nutters who can get some ridiculous times.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  16. j0b006

j0b006 Troll

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Well done man, it's very good to practice a sport with a local club. You should participate in lots of races, just what you need for your career as an RM. Think about doing 1500m as well.

He is a bit of a nutter as it goes, he believes that a plant from the amazon called ayuashka is the gateway to the spiritual realm. It's actually just a very potent hallucinogenic. There's not a lot of reaserch on it, but I bet it's very psychoactive too (causes psychosis/ turns you into more of a nutter).

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  17. j0b006

j0b006 Troll

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Good show.

Don't forget to click like on the video.

18. j0b006

j0b006 Troll

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Ok fellow POppo's. Passed the Medical this morning. Which for me was the last hurdle mentally because I am older than most of you lot and been round the mill competing in inter county swimming competitions, boxing matches, 'Fit Brit' comps and bodybuilding comps, drinking too much, smoking (all-be-it temporarily here and there) and working in loud night clubs (ears!).

PJFT and PRMC are not a worry because emercing myself in the Commando States Of Mind continually and developing the Commando core values.

Having some more wets with family and friends today! Flipping Hoofing!

Fellow Potential Royal Marines! Here I come!

19. Hbear

Hbear Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    First of all, well done for passing the medical. How old are you?

A positive state of mind is a good thing but saying that the PJFT and PRMC are not a worry is maybe coming off a wee bit arrogant. Up to this point in the app is the easy part, don't underestimate what's to come.
    Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  20. j0b006

j0b006 Troll

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    No I'd prefer not to worry and be well enough prepared. Nervous yes, but not worried.