Hi!

Iles

Reaction score
Hi, just a quick one to introduce myself. Came across this site randomly and it seems to have a similar set up, although seems better at first glance, to the MFAT website which I used to go on.

I always wanted to join the RM but have been way-laid recently with an office job in London = too much beer and women+ not enough phys.

I am now back in training though and am looking to start my application in 2-3 Months time when my fitness is up to scratch, although I may have to negotiate an issue about an inhaler prescribed to me about 3 years ago that I neither needed nor used. :evil:
My fitness at present is OK in the upper body section, as I have been a bit of a gym monkey for a while, I can easily knock out about 80-100 push ups. But my Cardio is leaving a lot to be desired, especially in the last 6 months since starting my new job.

Enough about me, Hopefully this site will be great in helping me prepare and always good for a bit of motivation. hopefully see some of you soon on a PRMC.

Iles

S

Sotiris

Howdy, welcome.

Sucks about the inhaler, that may be a bit more trouble then you think. Where you ever asthmatic?

Good luck.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Welcome Iles,

Hope this site is everything you are looking for,

Iles

Reaction score
Howdy, welcome.

Sucks about the inhaler, that may be a bit more trouble then you think. Where you ever asthmatic?

Good luck.

No I had a chest infection and was given it, 'just in case I needed it'

I know it could be a massive pain in the a*text deleted*e, It's been about 3 years nearly though and I have nothing wrong with my lungs if the want to test them.
Does anyone know how long the process is currently taking, from walking in to an AFCO to PRMC as it might be worth me applying before I'm quite as fit as I'd like on the assuption I could have another couple of months to sort it out.

Thanks

brummielad

Reaction score
Alright mate, my fitness is no where near what it should be upper body or running wise but its improving. I still handed in the forms though becuase you can go at whatever pace you want i just wanted to get the Aptitude Test out of the way which i have this tuesday( wish me luck im bricking it). But you have to go through eye tests, medicals, interviews as such so im glad i did hand it in becuase it gives me motivation that i have to get up and put the work inalso if im not fit enough lets say for the pjft i can just ask for a further date.

Up to you though obviously this is just the way i have done it. Good Luck and stick around on here becuase theres some good posts and tips.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
sounds fun :P

mate you are doing marine pressups right??? because 80-100 marine style and that would be awesome!

marine stlye is elbows tucked right in, chest right down close to the floor.

good luck with you app mate

Iles

Reaction score
Yea mate I am doing them properly, elbows in chest to the floor.My upper body stuff is pretty good, due to spending the last couple of years in the gym lifting weights and doing bodyweight stuff. different people have different strenghts and unfortunately my running is rubbish at the moment, ans as it seems the PRMC is mostly cardio based it doesn't help massively.
Cheers Brummie, I may phone the AFCO and see what they say.

Thanks everyone I'm sure this place is going to help. Just read some of the PRMC diaries and they are really useful.