Hi.

Roddie

Reaction score
Hi,
Couple of questions.

1. I'm only 16, 17 in March, and hoping to be in RT by then.
How much of an affect do you think this will have on me?
And how do you think other PRMCers/RTers will take this?

2. Currently on just over 10 mins/2.4km, but can only hold that up for 3 miles/23 mins. And help on how to keep that up?
I know that there's the 3 miler on the PRMC, and at my AFCO, the WO1 said that I must be able to run that for 5 miles to pass.
True?

Thanks,
Roddie.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi Roddie,

All the best on joining the site and the corp mate.

You won't be alone at 16 either on the PRMC or in RT.

As for your running times, your Careers officer has probably seen what times people have had in the past. He'll know what people were achieving and if it got them a pass or not. So if the WO1 has told you to keep it up for 5 miles, then that is what you should be aiming for, and even pushing on from that.

I think around week 3-4 in training, one of the runs is 5 miles and they expect you to complete it in around 35 minutes. Plus the times will get faster in RT the further you go.

All the best anyway

GW

JoePRMC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Roddie said:
Hi,
Couple of questions.

1. I'm only 16, 17 in March, and hoping to be in RT by then.
How much of an affect do you think this will have on me?
And how do you think other PRMCers/RTers will take this?

2. Currently on just over 10 mins/2.4km, but can only hold that up for 3 miles/23 mins. And help on how to keep that up?
I know that there's the 3 miler on the PRMC, and at my AFCO, the WO1 said that I must be able to run that for 5 miles to pass.
True?

Thanks,
Roddie.
HIYA MATE, AS FOR YOUR FIRST QUESTIONS.. IM ONLY 16 DONT TURN 17 UNTIL NEXT APRIL AND I HAVE JUST PASSED PRMC ON THE 23RD NOVEMBER SO DONT WORRY ABOUT IT, IT MAKES NO DIFFERENT.. I DIDNT GET TREATED ANY DIFFERENT.. SO NO NEED TO WORRY. BEST OF LUCK

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Joe,

Well done on passing mate- nice one!

(Had a feeling you would!)