Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Higher Recruit Intakes

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by markymark, May 16, 2020.

1. markymark

markymark New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi all,

Hopefully once lockdown is over and everything goes back to normal (I know this will probably be quite some time yet) do any of you reckon that to compensate the marines and maybe the army, raf and navy as well may double or even triple recruit intakes to make up for all the delays and potential lower manpower?

So instead of the average 50-60 new recruits a fortnight it could be 100-150 per fortnight instead?

Thanks

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Intakes for RN & RM are dependent on the requirement, the capacity (training teams, catering & accommodation).

For RN, I very much doubt they have the capacity to increase the size of the weekly intakes. For RM there is spare infrastructure capacity to 8ncrease the numbers joining each fortnight & providing there are sufficient numbers of personnel to train, the intakes could increase slightly... If enough people pass selection.

My gut feeling is that with the possibility of jobs being in short supply, post C-19 lockdown, there'll be a natural increase in applications.

Once applications translate into sufficient numbers of recruits commencing recruit training, I imagine the 4 week ROP course will be ditched pronto.

• Like Like x 2
  3. markymark

markymark New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Also, from what I've gathered, it takes about 6-8 months from submitting application to starting RT, will this be shortened, lengthened or stay the same?

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

There are only two reasons it takes that long:

1. Delays at medical - unlikely to change.

2. Applicant inadequately fit.

Over to you guys.

• Nailed It Nailed It x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. future-commando

future-commando Active Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I thought the ROP was replacing the PRMC due to reducing injury? Or somthing along those lines?

6. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

No, the ROP is a trial. The COVID-19 situation accelerated a notion into reality as a practical response to circumstances.

• Like Like x 1