Hiker, 69, who was attacked by mountain lion was 'saved by bear

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
?They're pretty territorial,? he said, recounting how he had previously played with the cub.

?It stood up on its hind legs and put its paws up and I got to play patty-cake with it,? he said.
Hahaha. Yeah right. Whatever :rolleyes:

It may be based on a true story, but I daresay a lot of that has perhaps stretched the truth somewhat. In an attempt to extract the truth from the typically untrustworthy media, I'd guess that at best what happened was this bloke was out for a walk, saw a lion stalking a bear cub, which then saw him and went for him instead, but the mother bear had also seen the lion and attacked it before it got to her cub, causing the lion to run off. So technically, yes the bear saved him in that instance, but the story in the papers is utter garbage.
The Daily Mail doesn't exactly have a credible reputation :push:

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hahaha. Yeah right. Whatever :rolleyes:

It may be based on a true story, but I daresay a lot of that has perhaps stretched the truth somewhat. In an attempt to extract the truth from the typically untrustworthy media, I'd guess that at best what happened was this bloke was out for a walk, saw a lion stalking a bear cub, which then saw him and went for him instead, but the mother bear had also seen the lion and attacked it before it got to her cub, causing the lion to run off. So technically, yes the bear saved him in that instance, but the story in the papers is utter garbage.
The Daily Mail doesn't exactly have a credible reputation :push:
Your just a sour puss because all the bears hate you...:amuse:

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Your just a sour puss because all the bears hate you...:amuse:
Bear Grylls doesn't. Bear Grylls said without me he wouldn't know anything about survival or how to look good on tv :wondering:

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Bear Grylls doesn't. Bear Grylls said without me he wouldn't know anything about survival or how to look good on tv :wondering:
Yeah well id rather have ray mears warm me up at night then that showman bear grylls any day!:noworry:

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah well id rather have ray mears warm me up at night then that showman bear grylls any day!:noworry:
Yeah but Ray Mears isn't a Bear. We were talking about Bears :noworry:

Newguy2011

Reaction score
When I saw that headline in the daily mail I thought it was about bears reducing the chance of getting cancer.

DD

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, this story has 'dit' all over it.

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
When I saw that headline in the daily mail I thought it was about bears reducing the chance of getting cancer.
How does "Hiker, 69, who was attacked by mountain lion was 'saved by bear he'd befriended'" make you think of cancer? :huh:

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest. if a mountain lion had leaped on the back of him, I doubt he would have been able to wrestle with it and strike it on the head with a rock.

Playing the hero card?

Bull*text deleted**text deleted*.

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest. if a mountain lion had leaped on the back of him, I doubt he would have been able to wrestle with it and strike it on the head with a rock.

Playing the hero card?

Bull*text deleted**text deleted*.
Not with that attitude you wouldn't!

Be carefull on week 27 you have to fight a mountain lion and this article could well save your life.:wink: