hiking in the highlands

Gump

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
going for a week long trip to the Scottish highlands the week after next, looking to bag another 3 - 4 munroes so should be a good trip, anyone else go up to Scotland for the mountains?

Ednie

Reaction score
I walked some of the west highland way last year, carried all my own kit (tent, sleeping bag, food etc).. You could say I underestimated it! ha. Where are you planning on starting about?

Gump

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
starting from aviemore mate, down to the lairig ghru, past ben macdui and devils point, up past cairn gorm and past loch avon. Thats the basics off the route anyway haha.

how long did you go for?

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you befriend a Mother bear and her cub...that way no mountain lions will mess with you.

Gump

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
will make sure i do, maybe I will come back with an amazing made up.. i meant true story of how the scottish rabbits saved me from the infamous highland wildcat

TheGeek

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Watch for the haggis, it can be a bit moody this time o' year.

Geek

TheGeek

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Watch for the haggis, it can be a bit moody this time o' year.

Geek

Ednie

Reaction score
sounds good mate, I went for the weekend started at Milgavie and walked to Tyndrum. I planned on doing it as a fitness thing but there was to many good pubs along the way! would of been rude not to have a few:eek:h:

Cian

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Do a Dog Soldiers and bring a silver knife :)