Hill sprint workout

lp1234

Reaction score
Hiya lads, just started doing a new hill sprint workout, it's kind of similar to arnys which I was doing for the previous 10 weeks and it was a hell of a session to do on a Thursday but definetly one I'm gland I did and I'm just doing a new one to mix things up and see what I can do and I'd appreciate people's opinions on it or if they'd do different.

I'll warm up with a light jog for 5-10mins, then onto the hill.
Sprint 1/3 up, jog back down, 1/2 up jog back down, full way up and put in an exercise i.e 10 squats and walk back down, that is 1 rep. I'd do this up to 5 reps but do a different exercise for the remaining reps I.e 10 burpees/ press ups/ lunges/ tuck jumps. I'd then have 1min 30secs rest.

I've only started out with 2 sets of 5 reps as it was my first day doing this and it really did get my lungs blowing. As the weeks go on I was thinking of progressing up to 4 sets, increase the reps of the body weight exercises and maybe decrease the rest time.

Chelonian

Reaction score
...just started doing a new hill sprint workout,

Looks good. Variety is the spice of life (apparently) so consider mixing up your hill routines to keep them uncomfortable.
Legs feeling like jelly is another good indicator of training value.