Hill sprints

lkw07

Reaction score
currentky Training for prmc which will be this year some point, just wondering could I do my hill sprint session on a treadmill if needed or is it always best to do it outside on the sandunes like I have been doing? Cheers

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
Outside! Now you've passed your PJFT ditch the treadmill. You will not be on one again, so get outside and train in all weathers. If you're on the sand dunes, then that's great. Keep at it and good luck.

Alan

lkw07

Reaction score
Okay thank you, just trying to find the dunes that are big enough, but i will just start doing double the amount

Thanks

Caversham

Reaction score
Okay thank you, just trying to find the dunes that are big enough, but i will just start doing double the amount

Thanks
You don't need long hills to practice your sprints. The "hills" within CTC on the bottom field are just short, steep rises, but really take it out of your legs. If you're struggling with that then find a staircase that you can sprint up and then jog back down to recovery.

Alan

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
Running on sand is top drawer!! As Alan says!! You don't need anything longer than 80 -100 meters tops for a hill! Try 10 squats 10 lunges after each repeat?

lkw07

Reaction score
Yeah that’s getting added into it as of this week, it’s hard to find ones bigger than I’d say 30-40 metrest for a hill, I’m just tryna get round the steepest ones, while adding lunges squats in there aswell

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
Yeah that’s getting added into it as of this week, it’s hard to find ones bigger than I’d say 30-40 metrest for a hill, I’m just tryna get round the steepest ones, while adding lunges squats in there aswell
30-40 meters is fine. Just do more repeats. So do them in blocks of 2? Sprint up and down twice. Then walk down after your second repeat.

Caversham

Reaction score
Just do more of them then! As long as your legs feel like jelly at the end of it, that's what matters.

Alan