Hill sprints

Steffan

Reaction score
Hey guys, i want to start doing hill sprints as part of my training, i was just wondering what sort of hills i should be doing, as in how steep and what distance? thanks

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Any Hill...Any where...Any size...Anytime

hunter2240

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I've got 2 hills I use mate, a small, steep hill I sprint up 50 times mixed up with bodyweight exercises, crawls, duck walks etc for more bottom field type phys and a long, steep hill I'll do 5-10 times for leg endurance, strength and speed.
I do one session on the hills a week and alternate them every week.

Both types are brutal, both types benefit your phys massively and prepares you for the endurance course and bottom field on PRMC, well.. As much as you can be prepared!

Hunter.

jhenders

Reaction score
I've got 2 hills I use mate, a small, steep hill I sprint up 50 times mixed up with bodyweight exercises, crawls, duck walks etc for more bottom field type phys and a long, steep hill I'll do 5-10 times for leg endurance, strength and speed.

Both types are brutal, both types benefit your phys massively and prepares you for the endurance course and bottom field on PRMC, well.. As much as you can be prepared!

Hunter.

Hunter what hills do you use? are they in Coatbridge?

I'm struggling to find steep hills for my PRMC training, just long crappy ones...

What other phys do you use?

John

Steffan

Reaction score

Hunter.
thanks mate, i have a few ideas where there are steep hills by me so i'll get looking for the best one

hunter2240

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hunter what hills do you use? are they in Coatbridge?

I'm struggling to find steep hills for my PRMC training, just long crappy ones...

What other phys do you use?

John
I can't disclose them on here for PERSEC reasons but if you PM me I'll let you know mate, I know of a few killer hills in Airdrie too, I used to make my girlfriend walk them when she was training for the Police, needless to say we're now finished! :Nuts:

I'll write out my whole routine and PM you it so you get an idea.

Hunter.