Hill Sprints

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to start incorporating hill sprints into my training, going to go to a field with some hills on tomorrow.. dunno what exactly to do though.
Any suggestions of circuit type things I could be doing?

Mitch2012

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sprint up, jog down, when your at the bottom do 10 press ups and 10 sit ups then repeat! You should be a changed man by the end of it haha!

j05h94

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What Mitch said, but go a bit faster than I jog on the way down as on PRMC you'll be sprinting down thr hill too. Also do 10 squats/squat thrusts or burpees as well as the press ups and sit ups

Mitch2012

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Very heavy cardio work! But it does the trick at a later stage!

WelshLad91

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Sprint up jog down like the lads said, crack some duck walks, squat jumps pressups at the bottom. Then go for a 2mile run after. Hanging

Mitch2012

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
2 mile run?? If your doing hill sprints for the first time i'd say you'd be doing a 2 mile crawl haha!

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
The hills are 2 miles away anyway haha, I'll be running there, doing the sprints, then running back.
Dead man running.

Mitch2012

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The hills are 2 miles away anyway haha, I'll be running there, doing the sprints, then running back.
Dead man running.
Challenging yourself is the best, it's just the feeling during the exercise that everyone dreads hahaha! You'll feel great after it

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Challenging yourself is the best, it's just the feeling during the exercise that everyone dreads hahaha! You'll feel great after it
Aye definitely.
I think I'm going to sprint up, run down, do 10 pushups, repeat but with different exercises when i get back down, squats, sit ups etc, culminating in a last effort of as many burpees as I can do without passing out, take a minutes rest, then run back home.
Doing this tomorrow morning, got work at 2! :flushed:

Mitch2012

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Aye definitely.
I think I'm going to sprint up, run down, do 10 pushups, repeat but with different exercises when i get back down, squats, sit ups etc, culminating in a last effort of as many burpees as I can do without passing out, take a minutes rest, then run back home.
Doing this tomorrow morning, got work at 2! :flushed:
Good luck fella! Let us know how you do!