Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Hills

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by dewalt2001, Mar 7, 2019.

1. dewalt2001

dewalt2001 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi just wanted to see if anyone had knowledge on hill running, I know hill sprints are good for your running but wanted to see if there is any benefits to doing hill reps on a longer hill like the sort of hill that takes ages to run up and your basically at walking pace near the top?
    Thanks

2. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

My experience of hills is to do them short and fast. If it's a long gradual one then sprint up it for a hundred metres or so, then jog back to where you started. You will get hardly any benefit from running a long hill and be at walking pace when you reach the top.

If anyone doesn't have a hill near them, then use flight of stairs, or sports stadium. You just need to be ball bagged when you reach the top and then jog to recovery on your way back down.

Alan

• Like Like x 3
  3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I agree with @Caversham that the real benefit is to be gained from leg-shredding sprints.
    If your legs are screaming at about the same intensity as your lungs you'll know you're extracting max benefit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  4. dewalt2001

dewalt2001 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Thanks for quick replies hill sprints it is

• Like Like x 1