History for CTCRM

will

Reaction score
when i was down at my PRMC one of the corprals told us to read the history book which they gave us and told us that we will need to know all the dates of the royal marines e.g battle dates ect.

do they have another interviews down ther or ask you about the history?

cheers will

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
As part of Recruit training you will get routine tests on General Naval/Corps knowledge- any revision you can do before you join will make it easier for you.

You need to learn badges of rank (Naval & Marines) and suchlike in addition to Corps history.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
will said:
when i was down at my PRMC one of the corprals told us to read the history book which they gave us and told us that we will need to know all the dates of the royal marines e.g battle dates ect.
Hi Ninja,

When i did my prmc at the end of October, we didnt recieve this book at the end of our course? Can i obtain a copy from anywhere??

Steve.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about it Steve,

In the first few weeks you'll get history lessons from the DL in which you will be expected to take notes. Usually someone with a laptop will type them up in your troop and share them around.

I think the test is around week 9 or so, may even be something to do with a inspection from the young officers at around this time. I'm not sure but I do remember our officer checking the state of our notes from these lessons.

Hope it helps a little.

GW

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just to confirm- GW has nailed it correctly.

I have to admit I've not actually seen this Recruit Booklet yet (Unless it's the standard RM Commando Careers Publication they are handing out) - I assume the booklet is handed out after a successful PRMC by the staff at Lympstone?

I'll have to see if I can get a copy - to the best of my knowledge it's not a Careers Publication, but something published by/for CTC- happy to stand corrected, possibly I've missed it or possibly it's the old Commando booklet which used to have a fair bit of Corps history in it.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think they book the are referring to is "A Short History of the Royal Marines" 2nd Edition.

It is an actual book with an ISBN. I think it is published by the Royal Marines Museum and available to order from them. I may be wrong but I will check my copy when I get home.

will

Reaction score
Thy gave us the book " A short history of the royal marines". and also give us a seperate book which is called the " recruit handbook".

will