History to revise for the Corps for the interview

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by The Creature of the Night, Nov 12, 2017.

1. The Creature of the Night

The Creature of the Night Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Hi all:
    My medical's been confirmed for the 30th of this month (mega excited and, to be fair, am chuffed with how quickly the process has been) having passed my phone call medical on Friday (answered no to every question) so wondering two things:

i.)
    Should I take my medical records to the Doctors so as to not hold anything up? (I am keen to get attested with my Det. before Christmas, as want all the AFCO side sorted before then)

ii.)
    What history should I revise for the interview? Currently? Revising the history of the corps within the "History of the Corps" hand out I was given when I passed my Recruit Test. Is this sufficient or, would it be good show to demonstrate to the interviewer knowledge of the corps above and beyond that? My logic tells me it would hold me in good stead but, at the same time, I do not want to come across as a "know it all" sort of thing.

Best wishes:
    The Creature of the Night.

2. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Nice one!

Bring all medical documents no matter what it is that you listed on your medical questionnaire.

Don’t mention anything that is not on your medical history or might have hampered you lately I can’t advise that enough!
    Such as don’t go saying you twisted your ankle 2 weeks ago or you’ve had bad migraines recently.

I think it just varies in the day and how your afco treats it and how much in depth he goes.

On mine it was.

Every detail about family(age/work/get along)
    What do you do as hobbies/you enjoy
    Most memorable moment
    About school
    Why do you *text deleted* be a marine?

The knowledge was

Prmc tests and times
    4 Commando tests and times
    Where are the commando units based
    What ships/helicopters do the marines use
    Explain the parts of the cap badge
    When was the marines formed
    What do the marines do around the world/where (piracy/drugs , Somali/Cuba eg)

That’s exactly what I got asked try remember 1 or 2 medal winners just in case.

My interview seemed to me all about me and my life more than the core history it’s so they can get a more in depth look st you as a person.

What I do remember tho is I was asked about my training and where I’m at fitness wise and what is my current prmc scores and pjft/bft runnings times.

When I came back for the decision when they send you away for an hour I was told that if my scores/fitness level would have been under what was required I’d have failed the interview as they can’t progress anyone pass the interview stage unless they can pass or meet the standards of the pjft/prmc there and then so thought I’d give you the heads up there.

When is your interview? had mine before my medical so not sure if it’s different for everyone

Good luck!

3. The Creature of the Night

The Creature of the Night Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thank you, mate. Got my interview on the 20th. So cannot wait

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mattys

Mattys Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    All the best fella let us no what happens

5. thegingerone

thegingerone New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Hey guys — have my interview coming up. Were the corps knowledge questions related to RMR specifically or the regulars? For example: when asked about units what the answer be the RMR units (London, Scotland, Bristol, Merseyside)?