Hiya!

PB706k

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just signed up to the sight so thought id say hello!
Im Phil, I was in RT before but got discharged after 8 months spent in and out of Hunter with an ankle injury I picked up on my 9 mile speed march with my original troop (gutted!). That was four years ago in august, but after being bored for that whole time I've decided to give it another go. Im 25 now though and man, does it make getting fit again harder! But that said Ive passed my medical and passed my PJFT on monday and will hopefully find out a PRMC date next monday when my entrance dude at the AFCO gets back. Only found out about the site the other day or would have signed up sooner! Things seem to have changed a bit since I joined first time, there was no PJFT then, and now on PRMC the 3 mile run seems to be done like a BFT with a group run out and an individual effort back, as opposed to just a group thing the whole way with a sprint for the last 500m, is this right? Also doing the press ups and sit ups etc to a beep is harder, you could just get em done as quick as before! That said im looking forward to PRMC hoping it'll be either the very end of July or after the summer leave and in September!

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi mate,

Welcome to the site and good to have someone else joining back up. What troop were you originally in?

All the best
GW

Taylor

Reaction score
Whats your local AFCO mate?

*text deleted* im waiting for luke to come back to the luton afco on monday to dicuss a prmc date for mee too.

PB706k

Reaction score
Cheers for moving this GW:bigsmile: I was originally in 855Tp joined on June 2nd 2003, sound like so long ago now!
I go to the afco in manchester Taylor :blink1:

Taylor

Reaction score
Ahh i see.

Just thought it was a bit of a coincendence :amuse:

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Cheers for moving this GW:bigsmile: I was originally in 855Tp joined on June 2nd 2003, sound like so long ago now!
I go to the afco in manchester Taylor :blink1:

I was probably there at the same time as you then, did my first prmc on march 11 2003 and then joined up on 869 in Jan 04.

Good to see your back on track though, and certainly a little harder now we are older. More because we confuse age with lazyness, I know I do. It's wierd because Lympstone makes 25 year olds look old. However in the real world your are at your peak until 30 and maybe a little above, so don't worry.

All the best
GW

PB706k

Reaction score
*text deleted* I remember 869 it was the last troop to join up while my original troop was there, either that or the first to join after they'd passed out. I remember that *text deleted* it made me sick to think I was still at Lympstone when your troop was almost passed out! I almost ended up with my old training team again! but was discharged instead...

0.01%

Reaction score
on PRMC the 3 mile run seems to be done like a BFT with a group run out and an individual effort back, as opposed to just a group thing the whole way with a sprint for the last 500m, is this right? Also doing the press ups and sit ups etc to a beep is harder, you could just get em done as quick as before!

Alright mate, welcome!

Yeah that's how the 3 miler is done, but don't worry about the press ups and sit ups as they are done at your own pace on PRMC. Just smash 'em out! I believe they use a C.D with a, "bleep," in the early weeks of R.T, so the P.T.I's know where everybody is at fitness wise and who needs to work on what, but not on PRMC.

Pull ups are done on the command of bend and stretch but i'm sure that was the case last time so you'll be all good fella.

Good luck!