hmm not sure this bodes well...

delta2111

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
right lads, soem of you may know im going for my pjft this wednesday. the annoying thing is i did hill sprints on monday, 3 miler at speed on wednesday and had the rest of the week off running wise (still trained upper body on the other days) to recover. however my left hamstring is aching more than usual despite the time off and im starting to get more muscle aches in my legs. when i stretch them off they get better but they tighten up again soon after so i find my self stretching alot which means i look like a bit of a *text deleted** in town haha!

anyway my hamstring is always twinging even after stretching off. so im just wondering what your advice is on how to sort it out. i want to be on peak form for wednesday and i want to do another set of hill sprints sunday.

cheers lads
steve

K

karatekid637

I had some twinging in the muscle around my knee a few weeks back, which was cured with a little rest and a lot of deep heat (and I mean lots - 5-6 times a day!). Might work with your hamstring.

Sorry that's the best advice I can give, maybe someone else will have a better idea?

Reaction score
You can try Icing it for 20mins 4,5 times a day, Its what my physio told me to do with my last calf injury.

So just a lot of stretching, Icing and some rest should do the job mate.

hope all goes well.

Peter.G

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You can try Icing it for 20mins 4,5 times a day, Its what my physio told me to do with my last calf injury.

So just a lot of stretching, Icing and some rest should do the job mate.

hope all goes well.

What do you mean by icing?

delta2111

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What do you mean by icing?

he blatantly means royal icing or sugar icing the hamstring dont ask silly questions everyone knows if you get a muscle injury best things for it is some nice tasty icing. :albert:

haha! only joking mate. he means apply ice to the area.

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
he blatantly means royal icing or sugar icing the hamstring dont ask silly questions everyone knows if you get a muscle injury best things for it is some nice tasty icing. :albert:

damn it you beat me to it! and your reply was better than mine :praise:

Peter.G

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

You had my hopes up then - thought I was going to be able to lick the bowl afterwards :frown:.

i'm going to hazzard a guess that it means putting ice on it 4-5 times a day
I figured that much, what I mean is how do you do it, I would have thought putting ice directly onto the skin for 20 minutes wouldn't do much good.

Reaction score
haha well you can put what ever type of icing you like on it but the cold stuff usually works the best.
Just wrap the ice up in a tea towel or a thin towel and apply to the area.