hmmmm

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
ok, straight to the point im 100% certain i want to be a royal marine but im unsure as to which route to take. Ive herd people say that officers rarley need to use their rifle and that its a lonley job being being an officer and they dont experience the camraderie between soldiers. On the other hand ive herd people say that if you the potencial to be an officer then go for it. as an officer could you give me some info regarding the above statements...oh n please be honest

cheers

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
They do use their rifles, the officers lead by example. Therefore they get stuck in.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong.

NDC_OSPREY

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ever wondered why the % of officer deaths are greater, we don't hang about you see.... :rock:

Im not trying to put you off but im just showing that they do get stuck in.

S

Sotiris

You do know that for your AIB you'll have to write an essay? First off I'd learn how to construct a readable sentence. If your excuse is that you can't be bothered then get bothered quick.

mike webb

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
ooo sotiris that was a lil bitchy!! get *text deleted* claws out son!!

S

Sotiris

Hehe perhaps. I'm not usually. If you're going to talk about becoming an Officer, or if you're going to talk to an Officer, I don't think it's too much to ask to try and use decent English. My grammar and spelling isn't anywhere near perfect, but taking the time to check over what you've written conveys some respect for the people that you're hoping will take the time to read your post.

Edit: Not to mention that fact that if your ambition to become a YO are indeed true, then you may as well start getting used to writing properly now!!

mike webb

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*, i didnt know you have a pet hate in correct grammer i will remember this one! how u been anyways dude? any developments on the marine front, or are you helplessly waiting like every1 else?! *text deleted*

S

Sotiris

Well I'm still waiting on these papers from the Greek army. Good thing is I've got them now, so I just need to translate them. That will probably take another 2 months as the Greek beaurocratic system is somewhat...well...Greek!

After that's done the Captain, who's incharge of my application, says it will be straight onto psycometric tests, SIFT interviews and medicals. I just want to get the medical out of the way, it's the only part in the process that I can't control and the only part I'm not confident about.

So in short, yes I'm still waiting haha!

What about you?

mike webb

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*, in short im waiting as well! u dont think your get through the medical then? i havent reli given it much thought, im still waiting for them to give me my medical. done all the interviews jst need a medical date and a POC date. but the medical hasnt reli bothered me. i know im fit and im hardly ever ill... so i cant see why i should fail? but u never know, i could fail it and be cut short b4 i even bother doing the phys part! would piss me off seeing as my whole life is now on hold as i wait to go in. would mean completely changing my life, and doing something new!

however we wont dewl on these things too much! *text deleted*

neways mate, imma get some sleep now neways, sure we will chat another time soon!

mike

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
ok calm down, having my head bitten off for incorrect grammer on an internet forum....is it that time of the month sortiris?

D

Deleted

I'd have to agree with Sotiris. I have tried to use correct grammar on this forum, because I want to become an officer and I don't want to fall into the habits of incorrect grammar.

Soon this website is being taken over by the RM, so you don't know who is watching what you write on here. It may only seem like an internet forum but it could dictate your future.

Also it shows a little bit of respect to others who want to be able to read without having to desipher some sentences.

Not having a pop at you here, I'm just pointing some things out.

S

Sotiris

I'm not biting anyones head off. Just stating the facts. Without looking at your profile I'd assume you were quite young and not very mature. That's not me being malicious, it's just the impression I get from reading your posts. If you want to be a potential YO...well, can't you see what I'm getting at?

It wont do you any harm to smarten up your written language.

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not biting anyones head off. Just stating the facts. Without looking at your profile I'd assume you were quite young and not very mature. That's not me being malicious, it's just the impression I get from reading your posts. If you want to be a potention YO...well, can't you see what I'm getting at?

It wont do you any harm to smarten up your written language.

ditto......

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
ok, point taken i wil use correct grammer from now on.
hmmm now where is my dictionary???

Reaction score
Fellas,
Sotiris is absolutely correct on this one. Stop using 'text speak' and start writing readable posts. Some of the grammer and spelling on this forum is apalling. You should do it out of respect to everyone else that reads these pages. I am not saying it has to be perfect, even I make the odd mistake. However, compare some of the posts I place on the site to some of the 'text-speak' rubbish that gets written on here. Get used to writing proper sentances with punctuation.
It's nothing to do with being bitchy, it's about being professional. Proof read your posts!
RMRO

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P hmmmm... General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 9