Hobbies whilst in RT...

xBRETHERTONx

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can carry out your hobbies and that when at Lympstone?

I train in Judo and MMA 5 times a week and I know Im *text deleted* miss it more than anything else when I join in September. I got told theres a Dojo in Lympstone, but will I have time to use it?

I knwo some other lads wondered if they can play Rugby and that as a recruit. Anyone know?

hughbrown

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i dont hink il b able to row
but mayb judo would b ok but i dont know

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I know they do Judo, Tae Kwon Do, Boxing and Rugby in the Marines, But I'm not entirely sure on whether that's available during RT, or if it's just for mainstream marines.

xBRETHERTONx

Reaction score
Yeaah, Want to know if I can carry on with me training as a recruit, but from what I see it don't look like you get much time to do owt during RT and whatever spare tiem you get I guess I'll *text deleted* be sleeping init.

samw992

Reaction score
*text deleted* you wont have much spare time and when you'll probs just *text deleted* get your rest up

EDIT: oh someone already said that, didnt read all the replies *text deleted*

PB706k

Reaction score
From experience, I doubt it mate what free time you get you may think you'll use to do it but I garauntee you'll end up just using what little rest time you have for just that - rest! oh and erm, ADMIN :bigsmile:
I was the same before I joined first time I trained 2 sessions of Tae Kwon Do, 2 sessions of Kick boxing and 1 or 2 sessions of Kung Fu per week, but it all stopped once I got into training:frown:

Freddo

Reaction score
the thought of doing anything other than RT, during RT, gives me a terrible feeling of unease *text deleted*

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Glad to hear they do tae kwon do, I wasn't aware. Spent 9 years doing it, won various national titles etc.. so I get to continue it :D
Yup I became lazy due to university and drank to much and stopped haha