Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Holding Troop - Marlow

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Griff149, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Griff149

Griff149 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Hi guys,

Got my first session with HT @ Marlow reserve centre this Wednesday after recently passing selection interview. Anyone else doing any training here? Any clues on what to expect?

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2019
  2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

You'll notice that I edited out the name at the foot of your post.

Also, actual names should not be used as forum user names for reasons of Personal Security (PERSEC). If you PM me or one of the other mods your choice of a new user name we'll change it for you.

3. Teasly

Teasly Active Member

Marlow's a really good detachment actually and I much preferred going to drill nights there than I did the Wansworth detachment. It's pretty relaxed and the training team are very approachable. They're extremely good at training you for your specific goal. For example, they'll constantly be testing you for the PRMC tests so that you know for sure you can pass them, whereas whilst I was in RT, we did a lot of speed marches and bottom field specific exercises to make me more confident with them. Once you move into RT, there will usually be some form of lecture too.

It's quite a small detachment, so you'll end up really close to the lads who will be in your troop. I think there are 5 lads in training now and they're all really good guys. I think you'll be the first for next year's troop, but you'll be welcomed immediately and other lads will soon join I'm sure.