Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Holding Troop tonight

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by matthewwookie, Dec 4, 2007.

1. matthewwookie

matthewwookie New Member

Morning all,

Don't suppose anyone is going to Henley's holding troop tonight? Its the first one they're running for this selection. Just wondering on potential numbers!

Cheers

Matt

2. Jamessly1989

Jamessly1989 Guest

Alright mate. Wanted to go, but i am not far enough in the recruitment process to be able to attend as of yet. I am hoping to be attending at least 3 or 4 times before selection. How did it go tonight anyway?

James

3. matthewwookie

matthewwookie New Member

Mate,

I wouldn't worry about how far along you are, there were people there that just turned up on the off chance and others that had only done there first application. Get along next tuesday if you can.

It was good......format of the evening is first half lectures - Sort of what you can expect, what they want out of you and second half phys.

The phys wasn't massively difficult although I struggled quite a lot....one of only two guys that need to er.....throw up half way through! Doh. All good fun though and the group of lads there seemed pretty cool. An older group than you may have expected though.

Cheers

Matt

4. Dave

Dave New Member

Hi mate

Yes I was the other guy who was sick (twice) :roll:

A great night though and I'm determined to crack on and do it !

5. Jamessly1989

Jamessly1989 Guest

Good Stuff

Right ok then lads, shall attend next week. Thing is i live 55 miles away so i dont want to turn up for them to say i cant do anything! Should i give them a call and let them know I'm turning up?? Also what phys did you guys do??

James

6. matthewwookie

matthewwookie New Member

Hey Dave,

How's it going? Whats your body like after Tuesday, I'm back to normal now apart from my feet for some reason, the undersides are killing me still....i guess that comes down to the trainers though :?

James, what stage of recruitment are you at? Have you filled in the form yet? Maybe give London RMR a call and check its okay. No one will be around at Henley until tuesday. If you come along, make sure you bring PT kit, flip flops for the shower, shower kit and water bottle. Oh, and its semi smart dress to turn up etc.

Cheers

Matt

7. southerncomfort

southerncomfort New Member

I thought Holding Troop was Fortnightly?

Can someone confirm the next training night please?

8. matthewwookie

matthewwookie New Member

It is supposed to be fortnightly but it would seem for this instance its two weeks in a row....possibly because of christmas leave but that wasn't explained. So there is definately training this coming tuesday.

I believe the lecture is on PT and whats expected/what training to be doing etc. Then an actual beas....sorry, phys session :*text deleted*:

After christmas it will be fortnightly until a month or so selection when it will become weekly...i think thats what he said....Dave, if you know different or i heard wrong please step in.

Matt

9. Jamessly1989

Jamessly1989 Guest

hey, i have filled in the forms and have my psycometric tests next tuesday. I shall give RMR London a call tommorow and ask if its ok to attend holding troop. What phys did you guys do?

James

10. matthewwookie

matthewwookie New Member

Didn't do huge amounts of phys. Probably spent 45mins/hour doing it. Warm up that got progressively worse then something called double speed mark time (this was just a - you're hanging around therefore get moving exercise) and then did sprints.....although we'd do 10 pushups...sprint to end, 10 pushups, sprint back. he'd swop out pushups for situps or squat thrusts. Doesn't sound like much but it certainly buggered me!!

Matt

11. Dave

Dave New Member

Hi all,

Just to say I echo Matts comments re Tuesday nights.

In fact the general feel I got from the briefing was that you need to be prepared for dates to change quite often !

Cheers
    Dave