Holding troop-where?

jamie_82

Reaction score
Hi guys. Just wondered if anyone had a link i can use to find where my nearest holding troop is. Im based in Surrey, just outside south London.
Im almost 30 now and will most likely be 30 by the time i get to do my PRMC and im concerned about my fitness. I used to be a gym freak when i was younger. By that i mean 4-5 times a week for 4 years religiously! But then i got involved with 2 bad relationships and i eventually stopped going to the gym. As a result i lost 3 stone of muscle due to stress and not working out anymore! :(
I've had about 3 years off the gym now and i've only started going back down the gym a month or so ago and it's erm.....painfull shall we say! *text deleted**
So this is why im very interested in the troop holding. Having so much time off, it's a little hard to get re-motivated so i think troop holding is a MUST for me. But where is my local centre? And do i just turn up?
Cheers chaps.
Jay.

729troopRM

Reaction score
Hi guys. Just wondered if anyone had a link i can use to find where my nearest holding troop is. Im based in Surrey, just outside south London.
Im almost 30 now and will most likely be 30 by the time i get to do my PRMC and im concerned about my fitness. I used to be a gym freak when i was younger. By that i mean 4-5 times a week for 4 years religiously! But then i got involved with 2 bad relationships and i eventually stopped going to the gym. As a result i lost 3 stone of muscle due to stress and not working out anymore! :(
I've had about 3 years off the gym now and i've only started going back down the gym a month or so ago and it's erm.....painfull shall we say! *text deleted**
So this is why im very interested in the troop holding. Having so much time off, it's a little hard to get re-motivated so i think troop holding is a MUST for me. But where is my local centre? And do i just turn up?
Cheers chaps.
Jay.
I assume you are talking RMR? You will need to contact your local unit (RMR London will be your nearest) , they will invite you to a presentation evening where you go along and watch a dvd and have a briefing. Then you may be invited to holding troop.

I am sure ninja will be able to give you a more detailed answer but that is basically it.

jamie_82

Reaction score
I assume you are talking RMR? You will need to contact your local unit (RMR London will be your nearest) , they will invite you to a presentation evening where you go along and watch a dvd and have a briefing. Then you may be invited to holding troop.

I am sure ninja will be able to give you a more detailed answer but that is basically it.
Cheers for your reply 729. I was more after a location in London to be precise. But saying that it's late Sunday now...i'll just call them tomorrow morning and they will tell me. I'm just getting impatient and wanted to find where i might be going on google maps! :)
I was searning online for the wrong thing but i Just found my local AFCO is in Croydon which is only 20 minutes from me. In fact i'll just pop down there in the morning. You can just knock on the door right?
Jay.

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You can indeed just pop in BUT google the number and ring first to set a good impression of yourself.

jamie_82

Reaction score
You can indeed just pop in BUT google the number and ring first to set a good impression of yourself.
Ok cheers for the heads up mate. I thought going in person first off would show i was enthusiastic.
I suppose i wouldn't like someone knocking on my door without calling first! :doh:

Thanks again.
Jay.

jamie_82

Reaction score
Sorry i forgot to reply to a question.....yes im reffering to the RMR.
I just rang them this morning and apparently the info pack that they were sending out to me got canceled because i applied online as well as over the phone so they canceled each other out. I didn't think the online app went through because it kept crashing at the end stage so that's why i rang up. Good job i rang them back or i would've been waiting a long time! haha