Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Holding Troop

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by FutureMarine, Feb 6, 2008.

1. FutureMarine

FutureMarine New Member

Hey everyone,

sorry to be a pain with questions and all but I had a look through this forum and could't find what I needed so here it goes.

1) I have the interview on the 18th Feb and I would like to know am i suppost to be going to holding troop at the moment or do I wait tell the after the interview?

2) On one of the other topics I saw the question "what is involved in the selection weekend?", now i'v looked and can't find much on it so could someone point me to where the infomation is please

Thank you very much and sorry for begin a pain in the ass hehe ^^

Many thanks,

Mikey (RMR BRISTOL, CARDIFF)

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

You're not supposed to partake in the physical aspects of holding troop until you've passed Recruiting Test, Interview & Medical. Some units let you attend after the test & interview if you've signed a medical waiver to the effect that if something medical goes horribly wrong, you won't come back to haunt them. There is a slight variance between units, some may simply only permit you to attend instruction before you pass medical. The idea of holding troop is to prepare you for selection.

Essentially selection is the RMR equivalent of PRMC (see PRMC briefing notes for content).

Some units include the Recruiting Test, Interview & Medical as part of it but the logical solution is to get all the admin side boxed off first, then you can simply focus on the "phys" side of selection.

In short it's only the "last minute merchants" that put this completely unnecessary stress on themselves because they are unable to think ahead. Those that leave it until the last minute may well fail the test, interview or medical before the physical aspects of selection even begin, then end up on the train home before the end of day one.

The moral is simply get the ball rolling at your AFCO well in advance of the selection weekend for RMR. A delay in the paperwork or "admin" side is the bit that stops you getting paid- get it sorted first!

Hope that helps.

3. FutureMarine

FutureMarine New Member

Thanks I got a little worried and thought that I was suppost to be going to holding troop already :P

and I will look into the details you gave me for my second question

Many Thanks,

Mikey (RMR BRISTOL, CARDIFF)