Holding Troop

J

Jamessly1989

Just a quick question about RMR holding troop. The only admin i have done is the initial application and got my psycometric tests coming up soon but my holding troop starts 3rd December, am i able to attend holding troop considering i have not done any other parts of the process??

James

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It's a bit of a grey area:

You need to have had your eligibility checked & confirmed (Identity [-birth certificate passport, NI Number, NHS Number] Nationality, Residency, criminal convictions, age restrictions), submit correctly completed application forms, & at least passed the Recruiting Test & signed a medical waiver before you may partake in Holding Troop.

It's important to accept that you are not formally accepted until you have undergone your formal Selection Interview, passed your medical examination & gained Security Clearance, so it is important to get those issues completed with your AFCO as soon as possible. All to often people neglect the administration aspects of selection, ignore letters & phonecalls & simply attend holding troop. It then comes as a shock when, several weeks later, they discover that they have been rejected for one reason or another, despite the fact that they attend Holding Troop & can keep up with the physical aspects.

The moral is to get the administration completed as soon as possible- until you do, you cannot be enrolled nor paid.

Good luck.

J

Jamessly1989

Many thanks Ninja, I shall follow your advice

James