Home pull-up bar

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by jkaratekings, Nov 20, 2018.

1. jkaratekings

jkaratekings New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    So I struggle to get to the gym much. Sometimes i can only get there once a week and this means I hardly ever get to do pull-ups.

What pull-up bar is good for use at home without being too expensive? I was thinking something like this: https://www.mirafit.co.uk/mirafit-vkr-power-tower.html but I don’t know if that’s good or not.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. MumOnEdge

MumOnEdge Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Are you able to attach one to an outside wall? The problem with indoor ones is the height. With one you can attach to a wall you can put it where you have to jump up and you don't have to bend your legs

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nathan100101

Nathan100101 Member

I made one in my garden with 2 fence posts and a scafolding pole. Nice little project and works a treat but i do still need to bend my legs a tad.

• Like Like x 1
  4. allye

allye Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Currently have a pole lashed to my mothers oak porch with blue rope!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Xeones

Xeones New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Mine was about 80 quid on ebay

[​IMG]

6. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    If worst comes to worst mate, there is nothing wrong with doing negatives on a dining room table.

You can get a really good work out by doing wide/normal/close grip pull ups laying under a table. I do this once week when doing my pull up training circuit at the gym (I use a Smith machine)

It won't be able to train you to max but its far from inferior.

• Like Like x 1