homesickness?

daniel43421

Reaction score
RT training will be the first time *text deleted** moved out of home and i dunno if i'll get homesickness or anything but this is my main worry as i feel very prepared for the phys i don't know if i could hack it. Bear in mind i've wanted to be a royal marine since i was six and am going to give it everything!

Barry McGuigan

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
RT training will be the first time *text deleted** moved out of home and i dunno if i'll get homesickness or anything but this is my main worry as i feel very prepared for the phys i don't know if i could hack it. Bear in mind i've wanted to be a royal marine since i was six and am going to give it everything!

I think everyone will be feeling some sort of homesickness at one point or another!
It will be a shock to the system going to an odd place and learning to call it 'home' for the next 32 weeks, more so for the younger ones (Like myself! )

JE-92

Reaction score
Just bare in mind there's about 50 odd fella's on the same boat as you, you get through it together!

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Home sickness is a horrid thing. I felt this immensely when I went through training. I missed my girlfried too. But hey, like anything else in life, its just another hurdle. After I passed out of basic training I often chose not to go home on leave. It was a different type of home sickness. I was sick of the sight of it. *text deleted*.

Expect to be homesick. Its only natural. If you expect this, then you'll learn how to overcome it.

You won't be the only one. That's for sure.

Steve

jk93

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
going home after families day and coming back knowing i didnt have leave for another 9 weeks made me really homesick, in all fairness i w ish i just stayed at a bed and breakfast for that weekend and climatise

daniel43421

Reaction score
ya that sounds smart alright id say ill have to stay away from home for the first ten weeks or so.