how do you like congo?

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i always wanted to go africa

JimB

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
As long as its a peace keeping role and not operation kill the bad guys, steal the oil and enforce our ways on the Africans, then i can't see a problem with it. Vietnam2.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
As long as its a peace keeping role and not operation kill the bad guys, steal the oil and enforce our ways on the Africans, then i can't see a problem with it. Vietnam2.

Could be said about Afghanistan.
EDIT: That it could be likened to Vietnam.

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
no it couldnt...................iraq perhaps but not ghanners...........thats the problem people think they are the same

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
fair nuff.....but you should have made it more clear

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yes could have couldnt i! *text deleted* Well it is now :)

JimB

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
God can we not fight somewhere cold for a change? I hate the heat.

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ah dont worry about it, it'll just be like sitting in the sauna room at the gym... apart from you wont be sitting, you'll be carrying 20kg's, dodging bullets and no big titted blondes in bikini's will walk in.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If its simply peacekeeping mission an British forces are under the UN banner then i see no problem with troops being deployed to the DRC, god knows some of those people really need any form of protection. Personally i think the Dutch and French would make rather suitable forces to bolster the UN peacekeeping forces in the DRC.

I do not want to see direct military intervention in terms of might used by the EU forces though as some of the former Congolese army commandos are truly dangerous individuals having been trained by former South African special forces as well as ex Rhodesian SAS in the 80's and 90's and with the jungle being their home any direct military action would result in rather gruesome battles.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Just *text deleted* say what everyone else is thinking... it sounds really lame/stupid when you talk about stuff in the forces as if you where in the forces.

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
afghanistan is freezing in winter and at night

JimB

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just *text deleted* say what everyone else is thinking... it sounds really lame/stupid when you talk about stuff in the forces as if you where in the forces.

For one i wasn't thinking that.

And for two we all want to be in the military here, and hopefully will be. We're also on a military forum so things are *text deleted* be spoke about from a military perspective, if any. Would you rather we discussed what effects it'll have on the rain forest?

jcooke

Reaction score
For one i wasn't thinking that.

And for two we all want to be in the military here, and hopefully will be. We're also on a military forum so things are *text deleted* be spoke about from a military perspective, if any. Would you rather we discussed what effects it'll have on the rain forest?

I heard a load of us having the sh1ts out there from stomach bugs will help the rain forest.

(Think I managed to cover talking about the military as though I was in it, and the topic about the rain forest in this post. Quite pleased with myself there)

New Threads