How does it work they decide where you will be based?

Geespt

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Then again, when i passed out my entire troop was given their first preference! Maybe we were just lucky, but wherever you end up you'll still have a good time with the lads!

R

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Then again, when i passed out my entire troop was given their first preference! Maybe we were just lucky, but wherever you end up you'll still have a good time with the lads!
Very very very very lucky. Unless the troops preferences were faslane and CLR. :D

Vine

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Dragon soop blue raspberry and buckfast mixed you heard it here first lads a cocktail for the ages. With a warm up of a few bottles of Henry westons

G_commando

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
haha thank you for the information, think that'll ease a lot

Are you to stay in the unit that you get drafted to until the end of your service? Or do you have the option to change after your 2 years General Duties, or further down the line.. Thanks.
Just to let you know yes some lads get sent to CLR straight out of training but the pro active lads are getting out of there in well under 2 years with a bit of effort.

G_commando

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
it hasn't got anything to do with luck. The ones that have got out of CLR are the one that put in the effort to get out.
ive worked with so many lads there that drip about being there. have no preferences in then when it comes to there 2 years they still hadn't.

R

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
it hasn't got anything to do with luck. The ones that have got out of CLR are the one that put in the effort to get out.
ive worked with so many lads there that drip about being there. have no preferences in then when it comes to there 2 years they still hadn't.
A rank can, have his preferences updated on jpa, read unit orders, volunteer for opportunities, have a good report with their direct hierarchy and still the spurious needs of service will determine the career trajectory of the O/R. I'm not saying wrap or don't attempt to influence your drafts, merely that chance determines your career.

Hence why a non preference draft is called a "ping."

Latest posts

New Threads