how far do u know u hav run

Reaction score
simple and stupid question, but i just run what i think is 3 miles b road signs or through my fieilds, but not to sure on how far, is there anyway to get it spot on?

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Running Routes - WalkJogRun

Its basically google earth but you can plan your routes and it tells you how far and if you type the time that you run it in and your weight, it should tell you how many calories you lost. Useful website (Y)

McGarry90

Reaction score
If youve got a car use the mile counter in that. Thats what i do its really handy.

Reaction score
a hoofing way of improving your press ups is to do a gentle overload. For example, say you do 3 sets of 30 press ups on a training day, then your next training day you add 1 rep to every set. If you trained 5 times a week, you'd be hitting 35 reps each set in just 5 days. in two weeks, 40 and so on. This techique had improved not just my press ups massively, but also my sit ups and pull ups. With sit ups, use the same amount of reps you add on as the press ups. With pull ups however, i increase one rep to each set every 1-2 weeks, as they are lot more taxing than press ups or sit ups!! you do need the right frame of mind, but if you want to join the Royal Marines, you should already have it!! i hope this helps everyone who reads it :)

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I use GPS running apps on my phone

they track very accurately your time, speed, altitude, and distance aswell as logging your history. And they give you a map of where you have ran

pbaker1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If youve got a car use the mile counter in that. Thats what i do its really handy.

I do the same thing, works really well for me. I actually just got in from a drive where I was looking at distance. :cheesy: