How I passed my vPJFT

codislife

Reaction score
I see so many lads struggling with the vPJFT and how to attack it. I've shared this with a couple guys I know, all of whom have had success with. So here is my guide to passing. (Just before, I'm not a personal trainer and this is anecdotal. I haven't bought any programmes from anyone else so if this, in any way is similar to any out there its purely coincidental).

What you'll need, a metronome app. There is many either online or apps.

First thing, is try the vPJFT in full. This is your starting point. Mark it down, and remember it.

For burpees, put your metronome onto 69 beats every beat is 1. So beep(1) beep(2) beep(3) beep(4) is one full burpee.
Then for sit ups and press ups, set your metronome onto 30 beats per minute, going either up and back or up and down. This replicates the vPJFT pace.

The first week you will do 10 burpees, 15 sit ups, 10 press ups, and 30 second plank x3 with the metronome beep.
Do this 3 times a week. If you are struggling with any of the reps (e.g. missing a rep or so, complete 10 percent more reps but instead but with one minute in-between. So a session on week one if you are struggling would be, 12 burpees x3 1 min rest in-between, 18 sit ups x3 1 min rest in-between, 12 press ups x3 1 minute rest, then 35 second plank x3 1 min rest in-between.

Each week you will add 10% from starting level.
week 1 will be 10 burpees, 15 sit ups, 10 press ups, 30 second plank x3 with the metronome beep.
week 2 will be 12 burpees, 18 sit ups, 12 press ups, 35 second plank x3 with the metronome beep.
week 3 will be 14 burpees, 21 sit ups, 14 press ups, 40 second plank x3 with the metronome beep
week 4 will be 16 burpees, 24 sit ups, 16 press ups, 45 second plank x3 with the metronome beep.
week 5 will be 18 burpees, 27 sit ups, 18 press ups, 50 second plank x3 with the metronome beep.
week 6 will be 20 burpees, 30 sit ups, 20 press ups, 60 second plank x3 with the metronome beep/with the vPJFT audio

If you hit a plateau, do another week with the same rep scheme. So you could get stuck on week 1, so do another week with the same rep scheme BUT do 2 sessions to the beep as a full circuit at 10,15,10,30sec plank x3circuit and another 2 sessions with, 12 burpees x3 1 min rest in-between, 18 sit ups x3 1 min rest in-between, 12 press ups x3 1 minute rest, then 35 second plank x3 1 min rest in-between (to the beep but not as a circuit)

This is very basic, but very effective.

Any questions ask away, hope this helps!