How is POC failure viewed?

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by whatever, Jul 10, 2018.

1. whatever

whatever New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Evening all,

I just wanted to ask some of the more "in the know" people on here how the staff at the AIB are likely to view a candidate who has failed their first POC, but passed on a second attempt. Is it likey that they will be seen as more of a liability or have less potential etc, or is a pass a pass and that's that?

Cheers

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Your AIB score is the deciding factor for selection and does not take into account PJFT attempts, POC attempts or level of academic attainment beyond meeting the basic eligibility criteria to attend AIB.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Over the years several forum users here have either failed POC or AIB and reapplied the next year when they have been successful in being selected for that year's YO Batch.
    Some who pass AIB don't make the 'final cut' which is decided by the Final Selection Board in about the third week of July.

4. JMO

JMO New Member

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    From what I gathered at AIB the board officers know very little about you, they had to ask what my initials stood for as they didn’t even have my first name, we were told this was to eliminate any prejudmental bias. So they may not even be aware that it was a 2nd time pass

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

I'd be impressed if that were the real reason :D

If they asked this after the board was completed and the pass/fail decision already made, then it is a credible claim.

• Like Like x 1
  6. glos94

glos94 Well-Known Member

In the interview you can 100% turn it into a positive. Coming back after failure shows you have determination. Admit where you failed and how you addressed it and passed on second attempt. They love that s*text deleted*t ;)

• Like Like x 3