How is stuttering looked upon?

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Since i was about 15 years old I've had a bit of a stutter. For weeks at a time it will not even be noticeable then it will have a 'bad phase' for a while were I can struggle to spit a lot of words out. It seems to be completely random for me. There is no logic behind it no matter how far i look into it.

Anyway, i was just wondering how the training staff would react to it. I can imagine them 'extra phys' me everytime i do it or something. I'd be up for that though.. anything to get rid of it.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't think it was something you can simply, 'beat out'?

I have a very slight stutter, gets damn annoying sometimes, but I cannot see it, or yours, being anything to worry about.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You might get a nickname later on the in corp but the armed forces build confidence and you never know it might just go with time!

sooty795

Reaction score
you`d probably get the mickey taken abit, but hey thats the forces for you, at then end of the day if you can do your job thats all that counts

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, it's all in good humor. Would be nice if it did go after training.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Stuttering

My boxing coach had a stutter and if anybody laughed at him, they got a right hook. Strangely enough, not many people did!!

Cheers

Steve

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
I went for a job interview once, really nervous, and stuttered dead badly as I introduced myself. The interviewer stuttered really badly as he introduced himself, so me, thinking he was taking the piss, laughed! Did I feel like a tit when I realised he wasn't. I didn't get the job.

Trademark

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just try and tell *text deleted* training team beforehand or else ul end up getn press ups *text deleted*