Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

How is the final batch of YO's selected?

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by chronic, Mar 19, 2019.

1. chronic

chronic New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi everyone,

I'd be grateful if anyone can provide insight on how the final batch of young officers is selected.

How much weighting do your scores on POC carry in relation to AIB?

How much do things like prior education and academic achievements count?

If you don't have any information regarding this I'd appreciate if you didn't post things like " look it up yourself" or " Just do your best that's all anyone can ask". As this is obvious and I already am doing.

Thanks,

MW

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Arguably, those attending AIB have already met or exceeded the academic criterion. Candidates are assessed on their performance at AIB.

• Like Like x 2
  3. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    AIB scores are by far the most important but understand from @Ninja_Stoker recently that POC scores are also taken into account. Qualifications and educational achievements less so as these will be considered during your AIB assessment. My lad got through with A levels having never darkened the door of a university.

Passing AIB and POC gets you onto the Final Selection Board (FSB) where they will select the final 50 (ish) required for that year. There will also be a number of reserves held against any no-shows or early leavers (up to two weeks) from the Batch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  4. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

As @dodgyknees has stated, AIB and POC are taken into account, but it's all down to the FSB and with the large number of potential candidates applying, far in excess of the final number, they really only select those who are at the top of their game.

Just try your best!! :D:D

Alan

• Like Like x 3
  5. chronic

chronic New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks guys.

Does anybody have information on how they asses who will be taken into the batch?

I.e aptitude test scores, essay writing. Fitness scores. What weighting do they all carry?