Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

How long after medical review can I expect to begin training?

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Trooper149, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Trooper149

Trooper149 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Stoked as I have just been informed that my medical interview with a doctor has been booked in for a month from now. How long after that can I expect to begin training?

Thanks
    Tom

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

After being passed fit at the face to face medical you have a couple of weeks to take & pass the PJFT. Assuming you've already passed the selection interview (if not, add a couple of weeks), thereafter, if ready, it takes about 4 weeks to get onto a PRMC. As long as Security clearance is underway about four weeks before the PRMC, you can usually get an entry date about 4-6 weeks after passing PRMC.

It is possible to join sooner if you are 100% ready from the get-go and are prepared to take short notice cancellation places on PRMC and in a Recruit Troop starting sooner.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trooper149

Trooper149 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Just that last bit, are you saying its possible to skip PRMC if there are cancellations in a recruit troop provided your are 100% ready? Could I ask my AFCO to let me know if a place opens up (not to sound wide).

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

No. Perhaps I should've put the word "thus" before "starting sooner". :)

5. Trooper149

Trooper149 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Cheers! :)

6. Trooper149

Trooper149 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Just to put my mind at rest, if I have reached the interview part of the medical process with a doctor, can it be said that you have likely passed the medical? Twice I had recruitment medical request details from my GP and I imagine if there was anything that was likely to stop my application, it would have been flagged by now and I would have been told its a hard-no.

7. The guide

The guide Royal Marines Commando

No... it cant be assumed that because you are at the face to face medical with a Dr you have already in essence passed , you must have had something at the triage (phone call) stage that required clarification by Capita before they gave you the face to face medical that you seem to be just about to do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trooper149

Trooper149 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Guess I'm letting my happy optimism get the best of me. I just figure that if there was anything that they definitely thought was a hard-no then they would inform me ASAP as opposed to continuing on to an interview with someone.

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Difficult shout. Until you've passed all the other elements of the face to face medical such as hearing test, colour perception test, beighton test, blood pressure, heart, chest and suchlike, the questions arising at the triage stage are quite probably deemed OK to move to the next stage, but further issues cannot be categorically ruled out.

Sorry it's not encouraging but it would be wrong to have you doing cartwheels just yet, just in case.

10. Trooper149

Trooper149 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I've had a few of those tests performed by the NHS prior to applying with a mind to covering all angles. Also I was a PT for 2 years and I met some decent physios who have checked me and said my postural alignment is in good order. Haven't had any injuries either, so I reckon I'll be fine.

Obviously it wasn't military professionals conducting the previous assessments so something might still come up.

Thanks
    Tom

11. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Passed my phone call medical. However got pulled up on my flexibility, eye sight and hearing at my medical Face to face. However passed through. Taken me 3 months to get through the medical stage

12. Trooper149

Trooper149 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thats excellent mate. With the eye sight, is it any different to the eye test you need to take with the NHS?

13. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT

Just a simple reading the lines. She wanted to make sure my boots test related to the one she did, which it didn't, hence why I needed to have it redone at a different boots.

14. Trooper149

Trooper149 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    NHS is really inadequate when it comes to getting stuff like this done. How long you reckon until you begin BT?

15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

For Naval Service applicants, the optician grades the prescription as indicated on this link.

Minimum visual acuity (VA) is standard 3 for entry into the Royal Marines.

16. Steph

Steph New Member

17. CHUB!

CHUB! Careers Adviser

Yes why?

18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Comparatively few, it tends to be more of a male problem, funnily enough.

19. The guide

The guide Royal Marines Commando

No .!!, but it would be the same criteria as the guys anyway

20. HEF_RM

HEF_RM Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT

I've got my PJFT booked for this coming Friday, then PRMC, so maybe December before Leave or Jan