How long can I postpone training date?

Bb33n15432

Reaction score
Providing I overcome my TMU and pass PJFT and PRMC, (which hopefully I will!!), how long can I postpone a start date for RT for? Basically I'm at sixth form until very last bit of June this year, and I very stupidly booked a lads holiday to sunny beach from the 14th of July for a week. Would start training as soon as I finished my college exams if I could, and I can't back out of the holiday now as I would lose my cash, also I think it will be a nice way for me and my mates to round off our school and college days before we all go our separate ways. Ideally i'd love to start training at the beginning of August. Didn't realise I might go through all the stages so quickly! Only applied mid January, was convinced the process would have taken me through to the latter part of this year. Basically, the question is, how long can I hold my place for a training date without seeming like I'm messing my CA around? Thanks lads

Last edited:
P

Pingu

Providing I overcome my TMU and pass PJFT and PRMC, (which hopefully I will!!), how long can I postpone a start date for RT for? Basically I'm at sixth form until very last bit of June this year, and I very stupidly booked a lads holiday to sunny beach from the 14th of July for a week. Would start training as soon as I finished my college exams if I could, and I can't back out of the holiday now as I would lose my cash, also I think it will be a nice way for me and my mates to round off our school and college days before we all go our separate ways. Ideally i'd love to start training at the beginning of August. Didn't realise I might go through all the stages so quickly! Only applied mid January, was convinced the process would have taken me through to the latter part of next year. Basically, the question is, how long can I hold my place for a training date without seeming like I'm messing my CA around? Thanks lads

Best thing is to let them know your intentions. I believe your PRMC / PJFT pass is valid for a year so you can always slow things down once passing one, or both of these phases of your application.

gotta train hard!

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Providing I overcome my TMU and pass PJFT and PRMC, (which hopefully I will!!), how long can I postpone a start date for RT for? Basically I'm at sixth form until very last bit of June this year, and I very stupidly booked a lads holiday to sunny beach from the 14th of July for a week. Would start training as soon as I finished my college exams if I could, and I can't back out of the holiday now as I would lose my cash, also I think it will be a nice way for me and my mates to round off our school and college days before we all go our separate ways. Ideally i'd love to start training at the beginning of August. Didn't realise I might go through all the stages so quickly! Only applied mid January, was convinced the process would have taken me through to the latter part of next year. Basically, the question is, how long can I hold my place for a training date without seeming like I'm messing my CA around? Thanks lads

Im in the exact same boat mate but i've passed PRMC, I finish exams june and i'm going on a lads holiday to kavos 30th june - 7th july, luckily I start RT 21st July but i'm only at CTC for 2 weeks then summer leave! So in your case as your holiday is mid-july I reckon you would be aiming for the first date back after summer leave(end of august), unless they literally start a new troop a week before leave.

All the best in the process pal

Bb33n15432

Reaction score
Im in the exact same boat mate but i've passed PRMC, I finish exams june and i'm going on a lads holiday to kavos 30th june - 7th july, luckily I start RT 21st July but i'm only at CTC for 2 weeks then summer leave! So in your case as your holiday is mid-july I reckon you would be aiming for the first date back after summer leave(end of august), unless they literally start a new troop a week before leave.

All the best in the process pal
Ah good stuff mate! Well done on passing PRMC. Oh I see! Completely forgot about summer leave! That's very true. Was your CA ok about it? Was he/she bothered about your lads holiday? I'd like to think my CA would see me as someone who was quite reliable and won't completely disappear off the face of the earth after (hopefully) passing PRMC!

gotta train hard!

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Ah good stuff mate! Well done on passing PRMC. Oh I see! Completely forgot about summer leave! That's very true. Was your CA ok about it? Was he/she bothered about your lads holiday? I'd like to think my CA would see me as someone who was quite reliable and won't completely disappear off the face of the earth after (hopefully) passing PRMC!

Cheeras, he already knew I was at sixth form so because of exams I asked for a date mid-july(I didn't mention Kavos) and he gave me that date so it all worked out fine, they should have no problem with it just keep up the phys so you can smash training dont wana turn up and hang out your arse for a couple weeks

Mr D

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Mate,there`s a thread on here that basicaly says for a "young un" aka you,best time to start RT is directly after a major leave,(Lympston blues an all that)
so assuming you pass pjft/prmc then the timing is perfect,dont forget mate your a civvy and can holiday when you want *text deleted* !.Get away with your mates and enjoy the....well what ever you young uns enjoy....
Good luck mate just dont get the clap..haha