How long could you survive

AsdaOwn

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How long could you survive as a trained Royal Marines commando if you were suddenly dropped in the middle of the jungle with just your bergan, packed for a jungle exercise, your webbing, your weapon with 30 bullets and any other kit you would carry in the jungle? Imagine your plans crashed or you somehow ended up dropped in a location? Trying to gauge how resourceful a commando can really be, should be a fun one

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
In the jungle? Forever.

As our belizean guides constantly told us "The Jungle is a suprrmarket"

Advocado

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I'd argue even an untrained adult (a switched on one) would be able sustain his or herself in the Jungle for years, as soon as that survival instinct kicks in they'd be good to go! Scran is everywhere, water is everywhere, the materials to build a shelter are everywhere! The only real danger would come from deadfall, infected wounds, the predators and the poisonous/venomous creatures and plants.

If I was to have to survive in the desert, jungle or arctic I'd choose jungle every time.

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
I'd argue even an untrained adult (a switched on one) would be able sustain his or herself in the Jungle for years, as soon as that survival instinct kicks in they'd be good to go! Scran is everywhere, water is everywhere, the materials to build a shelter are everywhere! The only real danger would come from deadfall, infected wounds, the predators and the poisonous/venomous creatures and plants.

If I was to have to survive in the desert, jungle or arctic I'd choose jungle every time.

100%. If left in the arctic id probably rather die than survive and have to spin dits at the ML branch's annual dinner whilst they look on at me in amazement sipping on their shandies