How long does my medical last?

Breeze2

Reaction score
Long story short I was passed for for service in November last year after having to appeal a stupid decision by capita to make me pmu. I then went on to pass my prmc back in January this year. In the process I damaged my shoulder and this resulted in me not starting RT in March when I should have done. I got private healthcare to get the issue sorted quickly. I am now waiting on capita to give me the all clear after submitting my 3 month training diary at the start of July. If I don’t start training until after November this year will I need to have another medical? I’ve spoke to some lads who are getting their start date now as the 9th of November. I’m hoping once I’m all cleared I just go straight into the ROP as it is now. My worry is going back and doing another medical will throw up the same problems as last year and I’ll have to appeal it all again? Any help would be greatly appreciated cheers

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
If it hasn’t changed then I’m sure you will have to do another medical as they only last 12 months and if anything happens medically with you in those 12 months after being passed fit to proceed you have to declare this and re do your medical again.

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
@Breeze2 - Currently medical last 18 months, this increase from 12 is to cover a period when re-meds could not be done alongside the backlog with new applications.