How long from application to PRMC?

wolfrat

Reaction score
I'v heard some really different answers from people about time taken from application to when they do there PRMC, can anyone help clarify this please? Also if I am not completely fit for it yet should I go ahead and put my application in and work on my fitness in the meantime or get fit enough first then put my application in?

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well, i would do the main fitness tests (1.5 mile, bleep test, press-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups) and record your results. Basing it on the results you should be able to think will you realistically be able to get your scores up enough in time for PJFT/PRMC.

It really does vary. I've seen people get from applying to PRMC within the first month or so. With mine i think i'll be seeing my PRMC in around may/June, so my process will of been about 6 months!

Remember though it's up to you when you do the PRMC. You can get through all the stages and then say to the AFCO look, i don't think i'm quite ready for PRMC can we put it back 2-3 months. It is very much planned around you so theres no pressure to be at a certain amount of fitness by X date. But obviously you'd want to have reasonably good fitness before applying.

wolfrat

Reaction score
so is the pre fitness test before PRMC only the 1.5 mile in under 10 minutes?

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
so is the pre fitness test before PRMC only the 1.5 mile in under 10 minutes?
Yeah the only fitness test you do at the PJFT is the 1.5 mile run in under 10 minutes on the treadmill. And that is the only physical testing you will do until PRMC. So you'd want your running to be on par by then.

wolfrat

Reaction score
Thankyou to Woody and Ninja for your help, I think I'm going to go ahead and apply as my base level of fitness is (I think!) generally better than most and over a 4 month time period I will be able to get myself more than ready for my PRMC all being well.