How long have you been TMU and what for?

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by (State of mind), Jun 4, 2015.

1. YellowBelly98

YellowBelly98 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I haven't officially been diagnosed as TMU since I haven't applied yet, but I am TMU in my head - I've got an inhaler on my record since 2016, so in another two years I'll be medically fit hopefully.

I've actually applied for the RMR to see if I actually am TMU, and if there's anything else on my medical record haunting me.

2. Dazza91

Dazza91 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks for the advice Ninja. Was climbing a tree as a kid and slipped! Never had any problems since, so hopefully it should not cause any issues.

3. bcfc_4life

bcfc_4life New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Credit where it’s due, it’s noble that you’ve put yourself out there as a candidate despite knowing you may well receive a ‘No’... I can fully relate to this, and knew forewell that specifics on my own medical notes would get picked up on during medical assesent and potentially bar me from entry... then again, you’ll never know unless you make that application.

Do not let it discourage you from giving your training and fitness regime your absolute all whilst you’re waiting on the decision - be prepared and in a state of readiness, you might get the all clear and then it is all on you to knock the ball out of the park with your PJFT and PRMC etc...

Best of luck to you lad.

• Like Like x 1