how long have you guys trained for?

jamesyp

Reaction score
hi, i was just wandering how long you guys are planning to train for before entering RT

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I would think that it would vary greatly for each person, but the answer is train until "you" feel you are ready. I was a smoker and not a very active person a for a long time so my transformation into a person fit enough to attempt PRMC has been longer than guys i know that have been sportsmen their entire life.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have been training for 2 years now. Not 100% but i still get there 5 times a week 2 rest days.
I belive you only need 2 months to get into a good state you just need to treat everyday like PRMC but dont over do it.
Good luck.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I trained for 2 months for this, before my injury then had nearly 3 months of injury / illness since. (injury was lower back problem, not related to exercise funny enough :\).

Was only able to resume last week, but feeling better already - Doing alot of HIIT and it's got immediate improvements, im expecting PJFT in about 5 weeks. Hopefully enough time to make a easy 3 miler.

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm also a former smoker and had abused my body over the past couple of years from too many kebabs and heavy nights out, i was totally out of shape.
I have spent the past year trying to correct my body and up until the past month have been going to the gym nearly everyday, running 1.5's on the treadmill, swimming laps, rowing, circuits, etc... i have only stopped now because i am comfortable with my bodys appearance and strength and feel the only things i need to do now is eat properly and exercise reguarly but not over the top, couple of runs, press ups + sit ups mon - weds - friday etc while i am in the process of moving back to Portsmouth to start my application, once i have a date set for my PRMC its turbo time... i wouldnt bother going mental until you have a date set, if you have good general fitness it shouldnt be hard to get to PRMC level in say 2 months?

but everyone is different.

Feza685

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i have been wieght training since january. but road running regularly. i first realised that i wanted to join the marines couple days before i entered my application i was at collage studing alevels an thort *text deleted**text deleted* this its *text deleted**text deleted* and seen a marins advertisment then it just roled on from there. i now train more or the same amount of cv than upper body strength. life story haha

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've been training 3 months + got my interview on the 2nd my fitness has improved dramatically its great! :bud:

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm also a former smoker and had abused my body over the past couple of years from too many kebabs and heavy nights out, i was totally out of shape.
I have spent the past year trying to correct my body and up until the past month have been going to the gym nearly everyday, running 1.5's on the treadmill, swimming laps, rowing, circuits, etc... i have only stopped now because i am comfortable with my bodys appearance and strength and feel the only things i need to do now is eat properly and exercise reguarly but not over the top, couple of runs, press ups + sit ups mon - weds - friday etc while i am in the process of moving back to Portsmouth to start my application, once i have a date set for my PRMC its turbo time... i wouldnt bother going mental until you have a date set, if you have good general fitness it shouldnt be hard to get to PRMC level in say 2 months?

but everyone is different.
Good to hear you got off the *text deleted**text deleted* and into a nice training routeen.
But dont stop training Mate. The hardest part is to get to that shape, the easiest is to maintain it.