How long is a long weekend?

MisterP

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knew how long the long weekends are that you get off during RT. I heard somewhere that, say for the long weekend off at week 3, you finish early on the Friday and are to be back late on the Sunday - That's not a 'long weekend' that's just a weekend!! My only reason for asking is that that wouldn't be enough time for me to go home, i'd need to stay at CTC.

Anyone know any different??

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
COP Friday till 23:59 Sunday. Its conciderd a long weekend because you get let out early friday have no work saturday and sunday and do not have to be back on board by 23:59.

Do what i do and catch up on some well needed sleep in a b&b away from camp.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The time you start/finish your weekend depends on how your Troop is performing as a whole.

Once out of training it's a little different.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What time do you finish on the friday? ;o

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The honourable gentleman is refered to the answer previously stated.

(Usually no later than 16:00, sometimes earlier for travellers North of Birmingham).

JasonMc

Reaction score
What is there to on camp when your not working? youl be too *text deleted**text deleted*ed to go to gym and you wundnt exactly *text deleted* go on the piss?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
What is there to on camp when your not working? youl be too *text deleted**text deleted*ed to go to gym and you wundnt exactly *text deleted* go on the piss?

Rest assured you will be kept from getting bored whilst in Recruit Training. After you've got all your kit ready for the next day & completed all the other administration tasks you'll most likely be wanting a bit of a kip as you tend to get up rather earlier than most people are used to. The day kind of skews a little bit so you get up 2 or 3 hours earlier than usual & likewise get turned in 2-3 hours earlier.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
(Usually no later than 16:00, sometimes earlier for travellers North of Birmingham).

Excuse the roughness.. Can't really write with my mouse

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

As Ninja mentioned you will spend most of your 'spare' time doing your admin (cleaning, ironing, sewing bits of elastic on your webbing, writing up notes in your training folder etc) or sleeping.

If you are lucky enough to have some real spare time (and your training team allows it) there is Jollys Bar, Jims Dinner, the Chapel (better than it sounds, they have an internet cafe, sky tv and table football), there is also another internet cafe in the Learning Centre.