How long is it until you hear something after sending away your app form?

gibbo

Reaction score
hi every1, just wondering if anyone could tel me how long roughly it takes for somebody to get in touch after you have sent away your application form?:dontaskme:

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
took me a month after sending my application off to get have my psychometric test, but after that things go quite swiftly! depends on your AFCO and how busy the time of year is! after your psychometric you can expect to have your interview and medical 1 week after and PJFT anything from same day to 28 days later and PRMC normally takes about 1/2 month waiting then after that for RT can take anything from 1/4 month, totally depends on the people working in your AFCO

my process looked like this

Application sent: 23/08
Psychometric: 03/10
Interview: 09/10
Medical: 09/10
PJFT: Anything between 09/10-06/11
PRMC: December
RT: Not long after christmas

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
well i sent my app of on the 30th of sept and i got a letter today the 10th of act and my pysc is on the 22nd

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Yep, about 4 weeks seems to be the average- sometimes more, sometimes less.

You really should have a go at completing the practice test booklet against the clock a good two or more weeks before you sit the test, especially if you haven't sat down and worked through verbal, non-verbal reasoning & mathematics tests in recent months.

Good luck to you.

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey ninja i've got my psychometric tests coming up next week and was wondering what the time limit is for the tests, it says approximatley one hour in total but doesn't say how long the time limit is for each sub-test.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
look in the book you are given i cant remember then exact times but it is in the practice book

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Its something like 9 mins for each section.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Its something like 9 mins for each section.

Correct-ish.

Reasoning: 9 minutes, 30 Questions
Literacy: 9 minutes, 30 Questions
Numeracy: 16 minutes, 30 Questions
Mechanical Comprehension: 16 minutes, 30 Questions

Test time total 44 mins, however it takes about an hour to administer the test, about 30 mins to get your results & another 20+ mins to be allocated an interview/medical etc, depending how many sit it.