How long is the medical valid for?

Nemesis!

Reaction score
Hi all.

I completed the eyesight tests last January, and was TMU’d at the face to face medical in August due to a heart murmur. Nightmare! Thankfully, it turns out that there’s nothing to worry about and so I should be passed fit soon. I was wondering if I will have to re-do the eyesight tests? I know that they’re normally valid for a year but heard a rumour that COVID has changed this?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hi all.

I completed the eyesight tests last January, and was TMU’d at the face to face medical in August due to a heart murmur. Nightmare! Thankfully, it turns out that there’s nothing to worry about and so I should be passed fit soon. I was wondering if I will have to re-do the eyesight tests? I know that they’re normally valid for a year but heard a rumour that COVID has changed this?
To be honest I'm out the loop with regards recent changes to medical validity. Hopefully @The guide or @CHUB! will see this & update.

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
@Nemesis! Medicals are currently valid for 18m due do COVID to ease forming a back log at the medical cell, most ranks will be in service within that timeframe.

Nemesis!

Reaction score
@Nemesis! Medicals are currently valid for 18m due do COVID to ease forming a back log at the medical cell, most ranks will be in service within that timeframe.
Brilliant! Thanks for getting back to me. Just to clarify, is the eyesight test valid from the date I attended the opticians or the date I attended the face to face medical?