How long normally?

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just thinking ahead, I was wondering if (actually I mean When...) I pass my PRMC in a couple of weeks how long do people usually have between completion of this and starting RT? Do they assess everybody differently and suggest how long you need to get ready for RT or do they just leave it to you to make the choice?

Cheers,
Lee

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
3-6 week Depending on ya AFCO or when there is a Place free

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you pass PRMC & notify your AFCO straight away (some even ring-up on the train home!) they will bid for an entry date as soon as possible.

Entry is not dependent on how well you passed but simply how quickly you are bid for after passing. A lot of people want to join-up with those they were on PRMC with & to achieve that you may delay your entry so there are sufficient places on the same course. Bearing in mind it's unusual (virtually unheard of) for everyone passing out 32 weeks after they join, so it's probably best just to request the earliest entry date.

Currently there MAY be spaces available on 10th December, however it's statistically more likely that anyone passing now will be allocated joining dates in Jan 08.

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, cheers for that! Jesus, if i pass this do you reckon Id be able to leave it a couple of months and start mid february or is that too long!? aaaaah i could be closer than i thought to RT then!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You are entirely able to delay your entry date - just advise your AFCO that you are "unavailable to join" until after a certain date.

You're advised to join within a month or two of passing, if possible, to ensure you are at the same or better state of fitness.

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Ninja_Stoker said:
You are entirely able to delay your entry date - just advise your AFCO that you are "unavailable to join" until after a certain date.

You're advised to join within a month or two of passing, if possible, to ensure you are at the same or better state of fitness.
I understand if there is a long delay between PRMC and RT that you will be required to have update interviews with your AFCO before joing RT?

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for your replies Just have to wait and see what happens with the PRMC now then. Ive got 250 hours of holiday left at work anyway though so I wont need to work my notice which means before RT i would be able to have a Month of training and sorting things out so i guess that would work!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Globe-Trotter said:
I understand if there is a long delay between PRMC and RT that you will be required to have update interviews with your AFCO before joing RT?
Your Selection Interview is valid for 6 months, the Recruiting Test is valid for 3 years, all other elements of the selection process must be renewed after 12 months.