How long to complete

Duracell Bunny

Reaction score
Hi all. As we are approaching March rapidly I am becoming very aware that the next RMR RROP is just around the corner. I’m currently TMU, with Capita having finally received the further information required around two weeks ago. Hoping that this is going to get sorted out soon so that I can progress.

My query is, would anyone know when I absolutely need to have completed all steps of the application by? Hoping to join Bristol RMR if that makes any difference.
As much as I cannot control a certain amount of the application process, it would just be nice to know a rough timescale in order to manage expectations.
Many thanks.

Chelonian

Reaction score
My query is, would anyone know when I absolutely need to have completed all steps of the application by? Hoping to join Bristol RMR if that makes any difference.
@The guide is best placed to answer if he spots this.

Alternatively, can RMR Bristol itself not answer the question? It appears to be very responsive to questions via its FB portal.

Duracell Bunny

Reaction score
It’s obviously been a very long day. I hadn’t even thought to try and get an answer straight from the horse’s mouth. Thanks Chelonian! I’ll ping them a message now.

Duracell Bunny

Reaction score
Had a reply first thing this morning, which was reassuring. For anyone else that may be concerned about missing this year’s RMR intake due to hold ups in their application, this was the response received:
‘Hi Duracell Bunny. There is no cut off for when you must have completed the recruitment process. Theoretically you could pass the vPJFT+ on the Friday morning and start the RROP on the Saturday, as long as all the other processes are complete, ie medical etc.’
So theoretically that’s a solid 3 months to get everything in order.

mervich

Reaction score
The medical is where the main hold ups are due to it being done externally(capita) from the Corps. My CA said if you keep on top of your response time to everything asked for, it should be a smooth process - providing your medical is good.

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
I would add a note of caution to the above because it may matter depending on where you live. Each detachment (area) runs slightly differently - as I know my area does have cut off point for all admin to be done to join a troop - RMR needs to liaise with their own RMR detachment once you have been signposted to them by the AFCO or indeed at any point .they are good guys and will advise accordingly.!!