how long u wait aftr handin in application

mat jones

Reaction score
hello

havent got a clue wa am doin ere crap on computers.just wonderin ow lng i will av 2 wait 4 my 1st interview aftr handing in my application.i handed it in bout 2 weeks ago now.And is d maths hard on the tests *text deleted* am not 2 good at it.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You typing on a phone by any chance?

Do you mean the interview that you will be asked about your history and family etc? usually after handing in an application you will receive a date for your psychometric test, should you pass they will give you an interview date that should be fairly soon after completing the psychometric.

The maths can be a little difficult but with practice you can ace the psychometric

For details on the psychometric tests read these two:
http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2098
http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2963

Also you could just give your AFCO a call on Monday morning and find out what stage your application is at.

mat jones

Reaction score
yeh ok will give them a ring on mon.Whats it like in the reserves.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Okay.. Retard much? I'd learn English before joining the Royal Marines. Your AFCO may not understand the chav language you speak in. I'd also consider getting a life before hand as they ask the highs and lows of your life and they don't accept "When I was on weed" and "When I was off weed" as an answer unfortunately.

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
Hey mat..

Dont be put off by the posts above dude... seriously dont be put off)

It takes a while from your application until the interview maybe two months..
Are you working now mat?
Also if you contact the college they will be able to set something up for you to learn maths and English...Also private message Ninja Stoker on this forum because he's a careers adviser and will tell you the best thing to do with the maths test!

Hope I've helped, If you need any other help, post another question and lots of people here will be pleased to help...

Welcome to the forum dude and good luck...

mat jones

Reaction score
Dont worry hasnt put me off. Yes am working at the moment as a fitness instructor.I will send Ninja stoker a message. thanks for the help.

matty630

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Okay.. Retard much? I'd learn English before joining the Royal Marines. Your AFCO may not understand the chav language you speak in. I'd also consider getting a life before hand as they ask the highs and lows of your life and they don't accept "When I was on weed" and "When I was off weed" as an answer unfortunately.
wind your neck in mate, he's only after info on reserves.

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
depends on the afco mate, my whole process was really quick.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
ye ash man that was a bit harsh *text deleted*