How long until I start getting paid ??

geraintr

Reaction score
how soon after the PRMC would I start getting paid as a Royal Marine ?

VTomasi

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Not until you start RT (and not day 1, obviously) - a few months/however long after PRMC.

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
When you start RT you will be on the books but you probably won't see any money for a month or so because it takes time to get everything sorted. This is why Ninja recommends taking about ?200 down to CTC to cover any costs until your first paycheck.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You get paid from day one of recruit training, 7 days per week, but it can take between 2 to 6 weeks for your first pay to be paid into your bank.

Pay day is the last working day of each month & you technically work a month "in hand".

Yossarian

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I think the cut off is around the 18th - needless to say I start RT on the 14th, and have been told I won't be paid until the end of the 2nd month, so we'll most likely get an advance of pay until then.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
So far as I'm aware advance of pay is no longer paid.unless it's a dire emergency such as your house is about to be re-possessed.

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Ninja, as far as I'm aware it can still be done if pay has been messed up as an oppo of mine had a problem and had to receive a "loan" every month for 4 months because they couldn't seem to get it right the first time.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Ninja, as far as I'm aware it can still be done if pay has been messed up as an oppo of mine had a problem and had to receive a "loan" every month for 4 months because they couldn't seem to get it right the first time.

Yep, if there is a pressing need due to error, it's possible to make an emergency payment or cash advance but joiners are no longer routinely paid an advance of pay & need to take ?200 when they join CTC.