how long???

JasonMc

Reaction score
wots up fello prm's, a question...from the moment you hand in your completed application form, how long does it roughly take before actually attending the prmc??

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i was told 4-8 months 2 get 2 RT so probly about 3-4 months till PRMC

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea thats the time if it goes smoothly, i started my application last year in about late jan, early feb, and the spanner got chucked in the works, when i did my medical on august 15th and here i am at present waiting to retake it.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It varies from individual to individual.

The fastest I've seen it done from submitting an application form to starting Recruit Training is about 9 -12 weeks for the average candidate, but for that to happen, you have to be 100% fit & ready from the outset.

You could theoretically & realistically submit an application form and undergo a PRMC in 6 weeks, but not many do.

The longest eventually successful application, that I've come across, was over two years due to a succession of injuries.

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I started my application around August / September last year.
But I was living in the US at the time.

My first test was on the 20th of December.
The only hold up for me was my Medical and tonsillitis.
I got tonsillitis the day after my medical. I think I was stressing myself out and got it quite easily.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i handed my application in a while ago but not doing my medical, interview or any of the fitness side until end of august because of college and then a holiday i got planned before i want to go. so by the time thats all finished it will have taken my over a year to get into RT training

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think anyone who applies for the Royal Marines has to be prepared for a long journey. When I applied in late July I thought Id of been in RT for Christmas. However Ive had a injury which led to my first PRMC being cancelled and I had too wait a long time until I could have another one booked.
Im one of these guys who gets interested in things and then they slowly die down. Like im going through a bit of a phase. However, after training hard for over 6 months without giving up Im quite sure that the marines must be right for me. but we'll see :)