How Longs Everyone Been Training?

Leedham

Reaction score
Alreet fellas,
Question amied mostly at people with PRMC's in the next few weeks but everyone may aswell answer it...

How long have you been training for your PRMC? Hows training come on since u started?

I started training for marines a month ago now but my PRMC (if i get that far) wont be untill august/september sometime. Have to say that i've been pretty lazy with ma trainin so far so its not come on too well! All this runnin is doin ma head in. *text deleted* take 2 week off from runnin now *text deleted* ma legs are *text deleted* propa tight n ma feet are *text deleted*in killin me

Leedham

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
havn't go tmy prmc too soon and it may change to a poc if i get chance to become an officer. but i have been training for a fair while now a few years maybe but i have been VERY VERY lazy, but it wasn't until 6 or so months ago i started training properly as im planning on taking my prmc around september time also. its coming along fairly well and im getting close to the required standard so its all good.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Been training for 4 months seriously to join the marines everything before that was just generally fit for sport.

Jas

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Applied in September, been training on/off since then. I have been training a lot recently for the PRMC which I still need to book. Want to go to the ACFO and speak to the guy in person but I'm always at work when its open. Hoping to get either a mid-June or August PRMC. Should be plenty of time to get fit.

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ive been training for 6 months *text deleted* but before that always had a good level of cardio vascular fitness due to playing football 5 times a week so the last 6 months has been mainly upper body and core training but i run 6 miles 4 times a week so i havnt let that slip or anything haha. last 2 months have been hardcore upper body trainin for my april PRMC.

ringo

Reaction score
ive been training since end of january and i havnt been this fit for a long time. ive been mainly concentratin on my cardiovascular, running 3-4 times a week doin from 3-7 miles each time.
my speed is improving as the other day i did a 3 miler in 18.20 which i thought was pretty good for me *text deleted*.
upper body is coming on aswell. *text deleted* just doin the circuit tht is on the RM website and its helping. I dont find the marine style pressups hard ne more which is a bonus.
hoping to get down the gym more soon and also get abit of swimming on the go.
aiming for my PRMC for end of june beg of july hopefull if all goes to plan.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
3 Months 10 Days and 3 left knee injuries later I think I'm actually fit enough for PRMC =)

Ninja-to

Reaction score
Been training on and off for years. Only once was it semi-serious about 2 years ago. Because of where I lived and my job, it's taken me a long while to get around to getting my application in, among other things. I was past the age limit for 3 years and have given up. They upped the age limit to 33 so I've got one more chance at it.

This time around, I started about September 2007 and have been training fairly seriously since. My training started off being twice or three times a week, for the past 6 months. This past month though I've been going 4-5 times a week, afternoon runs/bike rides (30-45 mins each time) and pull ups, with night time sit ups/press ups. Before last month I did a bit of weight training as well.

I've been getting in better shape, but have a ways to go yet. I've lost about 8kg's in the process since September last year.

PRMCjamesb

Reaction score
started training properlly about 2 months ago, from there ive had a massive improvement with running, I could barely run 2 miles and now im finding running so easy and its become less of a chore. never found press ups or sit ups challenging :fly:

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Started training seiously about 4 months ago, but always been fit. Had an injury in the middle which must of taken out about 3 weeks of running.

Nod 88

Reaction score
Been traing for about 3months properly trying to keep a am/pm routine training everyday apart from wednesday and sundays (days off).
Pretty much takes over your life I found. Still will all be worth it when you are all cammed up doing some real sneaky beaky sh*t in a far off land.

fonsy85

Reaction score
hola!
don't think too hard about that stuff...just get your training started, the sooner, the harder the better...
if it's getting to your morale, do some fun stuff, i go rock climbing twice a week as i live in switzerland, it also helped my pull ups pretty well (14)
if your legs are tightening up it's prob. because of lack of water or magnesium and off course they need time as the "tissue" around the muscles don't grow and strech as fast as the muscles and that if unlucky could end in a compartement defficit syndrome...
keep it up!
cheers