How Many People To Take On A Royal Marine

chrismc

Resigned
Reaction score
how many people would it take to own a royal marine? ...bored so i posted this haha ....bare in mind royal marine fitness and unarmed combat skills no weapons :)

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on the people who are trying to take him on!

Say people like me:
Not as fit, or strong, as a RM, however unarmed combat training being MMA, and some military unarmed combat.

I'd say a good 4 or 5 of me!

However someone with no training in unarmed combat, a bit podgy, soft round the middle with little to no previous fight experience? Once they find out the guy they're taking on is a RM, they'd be quite scared as well, so all in all... a good 6 or 7. Concerted attacks would be needed!

mike webb

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
im glad this question has been raised....

well in 2007... so making me 18... me and 4 other mates went to tenerife...

whilst there staying at our hotel with his girlfriend was a army corporal. i dont know with whom he served i didnt ask.

we became quite chummy with this lad, he was early 20's. then one day we was all pissing about in the pool as lads do.... and we all jumped him. he was a strong lil *text deleted**text deleted*er... he didnt even look that big.. it was all deceptive.... it took 5 of us a good 5 mins to even take him off his feet, bt he promptly got buck up and continued to waste us. of course.. 5 of us one of him... after a while general fatigue will set in...

so.... it took 5 lads a good while to take down an army solider.... so i recon it would take a couple more for a marine!

mike

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
An infinite number!

No really, a Royal Marine should have good conditioning and functional strength and fitness which will help in a fight, and also the right MINDSET developed from tough training, which counts for a lot in a fight.

If they have these things, then then should beat your average joe on the street. However a good boxer or MMA'er of the same weight who is worth their salt should have these things plus technical ability and should be able to knock them out or tie them in knots!

The only marines i know are rugby forwards and frequently end up scrapping when out on the town, i would definately not fancy my chances against them!

To summarize, i think it all depends on the individuals involved.

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
bigger question........ How many RM's would it take to take down Chuck Norris?

I say four! but you would need to take on whilst he was asleep!

Nintendouche

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
About 1 or 2

Because there's always somebody who is stronger and better than you think you are.

My RM mate John got knocked out a few months back, he became to cocky when he joined and got dropped by a bouncer when he got kicked out for being a *text deleted**text deleted* which unfortunatly he turned into a massive *text deleted**text deleted* now i cant stand the guy. With the green beret so did the over inflated ego and attitude.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
RM

An infinite number!

No really, a Royal Marine should have good conditioning and functional strength and fitness which will help in a fight, and also the right MINDSET developed from tough training, which counts for a lot in a fight.

If they have these things, then then should beat your average joe on the street. However a good boxer or MMA'er of the same weight who is worth their salt should have these things plus technical ability and should be able to knock them out or tie them in knots!

The only marines i know are rugby forwards and frequently end up scrapping when out on the town, i would definately not fancy my chances against them!

To summarize, i think it all depends on the individuals involved.
50 Iraqui's see a Royal Marine walking into a woods. They poise their wepons and charge in after him.

Seconds later, they come screaming back out again, running like hell.....................

One of the shouts out at the top of his voice: "Run, everybody, it’s a trick.......There's two of them!

Cheers

Steve

foggers

Reaction score
50 Iraqui's see a Royal Marine walking into a woods. They poise their wepons and charge in after him.

Seconds later, they come screaming back out again, running like hell.....................

One of the shouts out at the top of his voice: "Run, everybody, it’s a trick.......There's two of them!

Cheers

Steve

There's a similar one with a platoon of paras.

At school the guys in my house and my year (sometimes the year above before I was in upper 6th) would always try it with me because they were like "yeah, c'mon marine boy!! what if you were in iraq!!" and basically bait me. Most of the time it would take a few of them to pin me down, but eventually I would be able to get my legs or something and start crushing them. Oh what larks we had.

On the Commando: On the Frontline series one of the PTI teaches them how to tear someone's throat out and their balls and testicles (seperately that is).

An ex-para/SAS sniper was telling me how he had a friend somewhere they were stationed who would go around after a night out trying to knock someone out in as few punches as possible. His record was 1.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Reality

In reality, a lot of the time, its down to the individual. In a marine's line of work you will
meet some very tough men and one day, you may well be one of them.

However, the golden rule is, never go looking for trouble, as you may not like what you
find!! If you go looking for it, there is always somebody who will accommodate you!!

Being tough isn't about running around gobbing off or about lashing out at weaker
individuals.

Its really about, being able to hack hardships, overcoming difficult physical challenges,
winning against all odds, defeating the unforgiving elements and of course the enemy,

and if necessary, crushing the individuals who bring trouble your way.

Cheers

Steve

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I agree completely with Steve, however something I think I'd add, would be never back down. Odds may be stacked against you. But withdrawal now may be considered an invitation later. Obviously there are a couple of exceptions to this, however for the most part, I would say meet a challenge. But don't go round being a numpty TRYING to get someone to challenge you.
I do occasionally have some lads at school, rugby players for the most part, thinking they're the big boys, which annoys me, and trying some crap, but for the most part I use a submission hold or lock or something short term pain to let them appreciate that they're being *text deleted**text deleted*s. I'll openly admit though, there's been a couple who I wouldn't want to go up against again. Not that I wouldn't, but I genuinely would avoid it as much as possible! Big boys!

chrismc

Resigned
Reaction score
haha submission is a fight *text deleted* no chance never seen or heard of it ...if i was being bullied my dad would always say follow him one day and put a brick over his head and jump on his face in a fight that's common anyway jumping on people head and seeing people getting stabbed thats why poofy rugby boys dont ply with chavs or neds or crazy mother*text deleted**text deleted*ers like me haha pmsl

chris83

Reaction score
put a brick over his head and jump on his face in a fight that's common anyway jumping on people head and seeing people getting stabbed thats why poofy rugby boys dont ply with chavs or neds or crazy mother*text deleted**text deleted*ers like me haha pmsl

not trolling here, but...am i the only one that sees something wrong with that thinking?
putting a brick over somone's head and jumping on their face is attempted murder, and frankly cowardice in my humble opinion. if someone's trying to bully you just smack the *text deleted* and keep smacking him and take what comes back.

Snihur84

Reaction score
not trolling here, but...am i the only one that sees something wrong with that thinking?
putting a brick over somone's head and jumping on their face is attempted murder, and frankly cowardice in my humble opinion. if someone's trying to bully you just smack the *text deleted* and keep smacking him and take what comes back.

Well he has passed his PSYCHO-metric tests *text deleted* i agree anyone can use a weapon from behind doesn't make u big and definitely doesn't make u hard!

Gaz

JimB

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

Bully's get what bully's deserve. A brick might be a bit harsh but so is giving someone 5 years of hell through the best years of their life.